Blooming Onion - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I could hit that, oh yeah.
Thanks Chili

I am assuming (yeah IK lol) but those of you working 12 hour shifts are FD/PD/EMS??
Not here Cliff. I work as a process technician at a computer chip company. Basically when something goes wrong with the process I have to trouble shoot it and fix it.

Chris

Reactions: clifish
Love the onion Chris. Great idea of doing it this way. I keep trying to use the smoker for things i used to do in the reg ways.

Chicken and onions , good meal right there

David

Thanks David, a lot of what we do can be transferred to our outdoor cookers. I've been doing it with fried foods for a little while now.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man Chris, you either need to take more vacations or just go ahead and retire all together. You've been putting out some killer food sir, this included. I absolutely LOVE the Bloomin' onions at Outback, although have not been there in years. I might just have to steal this one.

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
Man Chris, you either need to take more vacations or just go ahead and retire all together. You've been putting out some killer food sir, this included. I absolutely LOVE the Bloomin' onions at Outback, although have not been there in years. I might just have to steal this one.

Robert
Thanks Robert, a while ago I found a copy cat of the Outback dipping sauce on the internet that's pretty good, but I'm still making adjustments to get it right.
Great idea, I'm going to try this.
Appreciate it Loyd, If you do try it and you see dry spots on the peddles then just give them a quick shot of Pam or something similar. They'll crisp up quickly.

Chris

Reactions: LoydB
Chris I remember you doing them before I didn't have that much success with mine will try again. Thanks for the details
Richie

a lot of what we do can be transferred to our outdoor cookers. I've been doing it with fried foods for a little while now.

Yes I like to play with foods also to see how they will absorb smoke and still cook to my liking.
And I really love onions , but have never had a Blooming Onion. Used to be an Outback's here but they closed before I got to go there.

David

Chris I remember you doing them before I didn't have that much success with mine will try again. Thanks for the details
Richie
Thanks Richie, Some onions will open up on their own, and some need a little encouragement. If they don't open up on their own try putting it in the refridge for an hour, or in a bowl of cold water. If you notice that some of the peddles aren't crisping up give it a shot of Pam or something similar. Just be careful not to spray your hot coals.
I gotta try this
Thanks Adam, They are good.

Chris

Looks delicious. I always loved blooming onions.

Thanks Jeff, So do I.
Yes I like to play with foods also to see how they will absorb smoke and still cook to my liking.
And I really love onions , but have never had a Blooming Onion. Used to be an Outback's here but they closed before I got to go there.

David
Appreciate it David. I've made Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Parm, KFC, Chicken Fried steaks, and others on my kettles. We're trying to eliminate as much fried foods as possible while still enjoying the foods we used to eat. Some work - some don't, but if you don't try you'll never know.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky