Blender

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Ours pretty much quit this past weekend, but it was at least 10 years old, probably much older. I'm looking for recommendations for a new one. What you got?

OMG I have a 30+ year old Osterizer. I actually bought parts for not that long ago too. Wish stuff was made like that still...kinda like my Kenmore washer and dryer 20+ and still cruzin.

Good luck on finding a good one. Looks like Oster is still making blenders...a little spendy i guess but

Reactions: bill ace 350
1615224973467.png

Wife bought me a Ninja a couple years ago for Christmas. I thought it was frivolous but man oh man, I do love that thing. It's an amazing blender.

Robert

The big Ninja is what I got my wife, she uses it at least daily...Its awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: forktender
Wife bought me a Ninja a couple years ago for Christmas. I thought it was frivolous but man oh man, I do love that thing. It's an amazing blender.

Robert
The big Ninja is what I got my wife, she uses it at least daily...Its awesome!
my wife just bought a ninja she loves it.
Yep, that's what Tracy bought for me. I don't use mine as often as your wife uses hers but that thing is a beast!! I think you could cut up a car bumper with it :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Good deal, which one do y'all have?

Yep, that's what Tracy bought for me. I don't use mine as often as your wife uses hers but that thing is a beast!! I think you could cut up a car bumper with it :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Since getting it, she has been making sauces with sautéed apples and pears, Chili Verde, and enchilada sauces. Did some pulled top round enchiladas with sauce made from 3 different blended chilis....YUM. I've been bad at not taking pics.....

OH and if you want to dress up a BBQ sauce try adding some apples or pears and Sautee them with garlic and onions then blend and add to the base!

What I'm saying is a blender is more useful in a kitchen than a MW....LOL

This is the one I got my wife. It came with a large and medium blending pitchers and 2-16ish blending cups.
ninja.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Blendtec. I've used the heck out of it. 1500 watts is plenty of power, but I doubt I'd buy another one. The jars are the weak point. I've had two fail with proper handling (hand-wash only) and replacements are NOT cheap ($100-$130). I use the Wildside and Twister jar (two regular jars failed and I didn't bother replacing the second one). This blender makes INCREDIBLY smooth and creamy peanut butter with the Twister jar. Peanuts and salt only. No oil required. Pulse some peanuts to add to the creamy for chunky peanut butter. Blendtec jars have a 7-year warranty. Yeah, not long enough.

I watched several comparison tests on YouTube. The KitchenAid performed WAY better than my Blendtec. So, if my Blendtec failed today, I'd probably get the KA blender.

I have an Oster I bought more than 40 years ago. It still works great for margaritas but doesn't perform like the Blendtec for making smoothies, sauces, cream soups, and nut butters. It's only like 500 watts or less. I keep it with our camping gear nowadays.

The last time I bought a blender was around 10 years ago and I had narrowed my choices to Blendtec and Vitamix. I read a number of comparison reviews with similar results. Vitamix would be marginally better in one area, and Blendtec would be marginally better in another. Also, both were similar in price at around $500. Speaking to a few friends that are professional chefs, they gave a slight edge to Blendtec , especially in the category of long term durabiity. One friend, who owns a very high volume Mexican restaurant that easily prepares hundreds of frozen Margaritas daily from scratch uses 3 Blendtecs exclusively.

Also, the quality of the build construction seemed to me to be a bit stronger than Vitamix and, as I recall, the peak horsepower of the Blendtec was 3 HP compared to Vitamix at 2.2 HP.

In addition, I preferred Blendtec's interface, 6 presets, plus a customizable speed option, and 10 year warranty.

I was still undecided abut the purchase when I got an email from Blendtec regarding a seasonal sale and the unit I was considering was reduced to $375. Done deal!

It's still used daily in our house, often multiple times, and still runs like it did on day 1.

Last edited:
my wife has the professional 1000, she likes making smoothies and this thing blends up frozen fruit and ice like nothing. it has the plastic pitcher. all dishwasher safe.

I have a Blendtec. I've used the heck out of it. 1500 watts is plenty of power, but I doubt I'd buy another one. The jars are the weak point. I've had two fail with proper handling (hand-wash only) and replacements are NOT cheap ($100-$130). I use the Wildside and Twister jar (two regular jars failed and I didn't bother replacing the second one). This blender makes INCREDIBLY smooth and creamy peanut butter with the Twister jar. Peanuts and salt only. No oil required. Pulse some peanuts to add to the creamy for chunky peanut butter. Blendtec jars have a 7-year warranty. Yeah, not long enough.

I watched several comparison tests on YouTube. The KitchenAid performed WAY better than my Blendtec. So, if my Blendtec failed today, I'd probably get the KA blender.

I have an Oster I bought more than 40 years ago. It still works great for margaritas but doesn't perform like the Blendtec for making smoothies, sauces, cream soups, and nut butters. It's only like 500 watts or less. I keep it with our camping gear nowadays.

That's interesting, noboundaries. When I got my Blendtec it came with both the Wildside cup and the Standard cup, which was used about 75% of the time. After about 8 years of pretty heavy use, something on the Regular cup went and all the blade would do is wobble in it's fitting. I contacted Blendtec and they replaced it under warranty without any hassle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky