Black Pepper Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My first thought, (well after thinking how great homemade bacon is) was your knife cutting skills. Wow. Good job. I bet you will be very happy when you get a slicer. If your making homemade bacon, the slicer will be coming soon.

Thanks everyone!! My first trip on the "Carousel"!!

Tex1911 - I do have a slicer, but actually prefer to hand slice my bacon......adds a little more love to it!! My slicer comes in handy for jerky making, and I soon hope to use it on homemade pepperoni , salami and chorizo - about to give the UMAi bags and casings a try! And I'll try and remember to document the process with pics.

Reactions: Tex1911
That would be great. Maybe I can learn to slice bacon without butchering it. My problem is of course, uneven slices. One end is razor thin and the other pretty thick and makes it hard to cook evenly.

That is some mighty fine looking bacon, love the pepper and great slicing job. We are doing some now in pop's brine, think I may have to do pepper on some as well. Like....
Congrats on the carousel ride as well.

That would be great. Maybe I can learn to slice bacon without butchering it. My problem is of course, uneven slices. One end is razor thin and the other pretty thick and makes it hard to cook evenly.

I think the secret to hand slicing, is to have a drier product, and have it cold/stiff.

warm wet bacon is like slicing cooked noodles

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky