Birthday Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
My wife and a DIL had birthdays during week so time for a get together!
Local Food Lion had BB on sale at .99 so perfect time for some pp and sides.
Fired up the MBGF 1050 at midnight and loaded 2 on the heat at 225.
Running lump and pecan chunks.
I massaged 1 with Kosmos Chipotle and 1 with a local rub and topped with Kosmos Killer Bee.
20220813_235350.jpg
Set the ThermoPro to 160 and took a nap and let them ride.
Up at 6am and both were sitting in the 160 range so time for a wrap.
20220814_060210.jpg
Panned and a little juice added.
20220814_062238.jpg
This is made locally and has a vinegar base. Adds a nice flavor.
20220814_063827.jpg
20220814_064509.jpg
All wrapped up and waiting now.

Keith

Looks like they will be just fine.... love the looks of that mopping sauce, that stuff there is right up my alley!!! That would make a great finishing sauce!!!

Reactions: 912smoker
happy birthdays to the two of them!! that bb looks great, should be a awesome meal coming up!! nice job!
We are planning for some food family time and meal. Thanks tbern.

Keith

Looks like they will be just fine.... love the looks of that mopping sauce, that stuff there is right up my alley!!! That would make a great finishing sauce!!!
Thanks eagle and it's good stuff. I also use it as a finishing sauce! Love the extra flavor and little kick.

Keith

Reactions: eaglewing
Excellent looking cook you cradle robber :emoji_sunglasses:. Thats gonna be one great party judging by the food and company. Wish the ladies a happy birthday from SMF extended family Keith and enjoy the day.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks delicious Keith! Tell the ladies happy birthday and make sure your wife doesn't forget to give you your geritol! :emoji_laughing: Just kidding bud. Have a great day!

Ryan

PP turned out great and moist. Beans were a hit and had a sweet kick with the addition of pecan rub, peaches and jappy.
20220814_131319.jpg
Cream cheese was requested and delivered
20220814_122702.jpg
And the paper plate shot 😆 with beans, coleslawandcorn
20220814_132805.jpg
I even made Jeff's famous Peach Dump cake and it was also enjoyed by all.
Some when home with good bags but all left with full bellies 😃.
Thanks for looking!!

Keith

Wow Keith that looks fabulous. Nice Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Excellent looking cook you cradle robber :emoji_sunglasses:. Thats gonna be one great party judging by the food and company. Wish the ladies a happy birthday from SMF extended family Keith and enjoy the day.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris it was indeed a good day..
Anytime the boys eat so much tha5 they get the "meat sweats" I'm happy 😊!

Keith

Looks delicious Keith! Tell the ladies happy birthday and make sure your wife doesn't forget to give you your geritol! :emoji_laughing: Just kidding bud. Have a great day!

Ryan
Easy there Ryan I'm only on1/2 dose..
I think that she's afraid I will be able to catch her with a full dose🤣. She and her sister are still on a diet so lots of food was sent home.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky