Birthday cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Did the inaugural cook on the Kettle. Bryce turned 13 yo today and for his birthday he wanted smoked meatloaf and hasselback potatoes. The meatloaf was a “Italian” meatloaf with mozzarella pearls in it. Got that idea from Sowsage Sowsage on his challenge meatloaf he did. Had a marinara sauce on it. The potatoes had bacon and Gouda cheese in them and cheddar on top.
B81EB0CD-E7F2-478E-A0C0-CD044203F6B2.jpeg 932483F0-91F0-4B5C-BBE0-5CC73F36C52C.jpeg 01FEE453-F046-4A75-8D9B-BDA6D327ECFD.jpeg
He enjoyed his meal. And racked up on Arkansas Razorbacks gear. Thanks for looking.
Jim

looks real good Jim. Nice way to break in the new cooker.

Point for sure
Chris

Wish your son a Happy Birthday from us

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great Jim! I will try one of those Travis style loads soon too. Tell your boy happy birthday from me.

Heck yeah Jim. Looks and sounds delicious. Those taters are next level! Happy birthday Bryce. Looks like he had a good one

Heck yeah!!! Very nice birthday dinner! Tell Bryce Happy birthday!! How did you like the motzarella in the meatloaf??

Looks great Jim! Those potatoes are a standout. Glad the new toy is working out for you. Happy Birthday to your Son.

Looks great! I remember 13. Hormones Raging, first Whiskers growing, noticing Girls are getting Cuter, and having no idea what to do about it. Seeing how far I could push my Parents before Dad reminded me who has the Bigger Cajones!
Yep, a Fun time in a Boys Life!...JJ

Looks like an awesome meal tell him happy birthday

Sowsage Sowsage The mozz was excellent! Bryce said that its a requirement in meatloaf now.
chef jimmyj chef jimmyj Thinking the hormones hit harder now than when we were kids! I have to remind him on occasion that eventually he'll probably be bigger than me, But i'm a simple country boy that dont know when to quit. And I'll keep coming til I cant. But for the most part he's a good kid.

I have 3 Daughters! All Daddy's Girls until they hit 12-13. From that point, I didn't know nothing, I couldn't do nothing and if I spoke it just sounded like Blah, Blah, Blah.
To this day, oldest hitting 30, if they call and I pick up, I get..." Where''s Mom? " No HI Dad, nothing.
I think Boys are different. I tested Dad, but we did everything together, from cooking to Boy Scouts and any projects, even as an adult, I was close to my Dad!...JJ

Reactions: MJB05615
JJ gotta agree with ya there. i think we all test dad on occasion.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky