Big Nor'easter coming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
This is shaping up to be one of the biggest since 78.

2+ ft of snow and 50-60 mph winds.

Plenty of food and beer.10 gals of gas for the generator. Made sure my little Corolla is full too in case I need to use the inverter.

Reactions: JLeonard
This is one heck of a storm!
Even down here in Florida, we are gonna get some of the coldest weather we have had in a bunch of years.
Trying to find some warm clothes! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Doesn't sound like much fun to me. But for any die hard snowmobilers, I bet they are getting giddy as kids at Christmas!

Ryan

Reactions: Fueling Around
Yes this is adding up to be a real pain in the .... Been bad 3 out of 4 weekends
and this could be the worst for quite some time.
Depends which way it blows once it passes New England, and how it tracts north to us .

Not really hitting up here until Saturday evening
High winds - Lots of snow - Hours of freezing rain - than maybe rain

Is it spring yet

David

Reactions: Humo18
Here in coastal RI and Mass there's also the major concern for storm surge and coastal flooding.

This is one heck of a storm!
Even down here in Florida, we are gonna get some of the coldest weather we have had in a bunch of years.
Trying to find some warm clothes! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Not your usual Jock Strap & Baseball Cap??

They say we're only getting 3".
All the big snow is East of I-95.
Yeah, I heard that story before!!

Bear

Reactions: boykjo
Snowing here already with 1 1/2"s down ,
and that has nothing to do with the storm for tomorrow night .
I love it here in the land of , don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and than see if you like it

At least it is warm now 1deg. C, or 33*F for my southern buddies

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Hell we didn't even have snow predicted here. Couple hours ago temp dropped to 30 and boom 2in and counting. Craziness. Low of 13 tonight. For the people in the path of the big snow stay safe and warm!

Reactions: jcam222
Hell we didn't even have snow predicted here. Couple hours ago temp dropped to 30 and boom 2in and counting. Craziness. Low of 13 tonight. For the people in the path of the big snow stay safe and warm!
Been snowing on and off all day here, but it hasn't amounted to much, so far.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Been snowing on and off all day here, but it hasn't amounted to much, so far.

Same here but the problem is its turned into a nice thin glaze of ice and then we're going to pile quite possibly 2 feet of snow on that glaze.

The snow is probably a plus on top of the ice, as far as traction goes, but you just keep that 2 feet of it up thatta way.

expecting 12" here in southern maine tomorrow. glad I braved the 16f temps this morning and smoked a nice beef roast.
stay safe, everyone.

Reactions: OldSmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky