Big Easy Beer Turkey Injected

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinadam

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 31, 2013
Appleton,WI
So I got my turkey in the big easy my late father absolutely loved using. My mother is celiac so I needed to go gluten free so I needed to drink a foster to use in the fryer for the beer holder. I then filled with Redbridge, Canadian chicken seasoning, onion, and some Lawrys. Rubbed the turkey down in oil and shook lawrys on the outside of the bird. I did inject it with 4T butter, 1 cup gluten free chicken broth, 1t garlic powder, 1t onion powder, 1t black pepper, 1t salt, and 1/2t white pepper.
More to come!

Final product. Had it in for little over 4 hours and pulled when I had reading above 160 in the breast and was very surprised that there was still beer in the can. Usually with the big easy it sucks all of it out and into the bird but I'm glad it didn't. The injection was so so as it didn't get everywhere. Really nice and moist turkey though and great cold today!

Reactions: mike5051
Looks great Adam!  
points1.png
 I stopped injecting once I started brining.  The brine gets to all the meat.

Mike

Looks great Adam!   :points1:  I stopped injecting once I started brining.  The brine gets to all the meat.

Mike
brining was my plan but my bucket was in use with some Canadian bacon curing. Next year it will be a turkey breast only as everyone ate the breast and didn't touch any of the dark. I really enjoy brine as well. Thanks for the points.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky