• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Best smoker? And wood to use?

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
It depends on what you plan on smoking.
My go to for everything lately is a blend of hickory, cherry, and pecan.
Of course, you could use any one of those woods individually with outstanding results.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I like hickory, got a bag of pecan I haven't tried out yet, oak has worked great in the past. Nice looking rig you have there Cobb, and welcome to SMF. RAY

CobbWjr

Joined Feb 26, 2020
Iv been looking for split logs but all I have been able to find is the bags of chunks. But I tried apple and going to try hickory sat

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Iv been looking for split logs but all I have been able to find is the bags of chunks. But I tried apple and going to try hickory sat
I don't know where you live but here in the desert hardwood isn't easy to come by. I order three bags of hickory splits from Cabelas for about $85 and get free shipping. It burns good and arrives at my doorstep. RAY

CobbWjr

Joined Feb 26, 2020
I don't know where you live but here in the desert hardwood isn't easy to come by. I order three bags of hickory splits from Cabelas for about $85 and get free shipping. It burns good and arrives at my doorstep. RAY

Thanks

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Try Craigslist for some seasoned wood.
Myself I like using cherry...it's my go to wood.
Oak is my next favorite.

Crazy88

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 5, 2020
Great looking smoker. I use chunks also, as the only wood we have local is fruit wood. I really like using hickory, it's my go to. I like doing a pork butt for my break-in cook. Does a good job of seasoning up your cooker i.m.o.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.