Belly Prices in Neck of the Woods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JohnsMyName

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 7, 2018
Manchester, CT
What is everyone seeing for Belly prices locally? I'm in CT and just stopped by a local butcher, they wanted $4.99, same as the Asian grocery. Will be heading to the Restaurant Supply place this weekend. Haven't bought belly in awhile, but that seemed very high to me.

Yea they used to give those things away, but like everything else, once they start to get popular, the price goes up.
I have 2 nice ones in the freezer, so I'm set for a while!
Al

I asked the butcher here in town a few weeks ago and they said $2.99/lb. I have to let them know beforehand that I want some because they make their own bacon.

Thanks guys, 2.99 def sounds better. I'll update once I get to Restaurant Depot.

Alternatively we have some local farms with heritage breeds, those are 10-12.50 a lb though! I will experiment with them in the future, but for everyday stuff that's too rich for my blood.

I went into a whole foods market the other day to kill some time . Asked the"meat counter guy " got any pork belly ? He shows me a 1 lb trimmed up hunk ,, 7.99 a pound . I said really ? That's the best belly you will ever have . I said no , that's belly I will never have ,,, walked away and got me some free cheese samples ,,,

Think kroger here in central Ohio was about 6$ a lb skin off small maybe 1 or 1.5lb. I cooked two of those then went to jungle Jim’s in Cincinnati and got two 2.5 lb skin on bellies for 3.49 a lb.

I can get a 50# box of bellies for $2.25/lb. but I have to buy the whole box. If I request it, they will make sure to get thick bellies for bacon, otherwise it will be whatever the supplier sends them and some will be thin, like 3/4".....
I plan on making bacon in a couple months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky