Belly part two -,Beef belly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I posted a thread of my pork belly today but I also smoked a beef belly. Yep you heard right , beef belly (also called navel). Always love trying new things in the smoker. Read something awhile back about someone doing a beef belly. Got a nice fresh cut one yesterday at the local Amish butcher. I had called earlier in the week and he said they were cutting beef on Friday. . Rubbed with SPOG and a light coating of Allan Detrich Dirt rub. He’s thee pitmaster at a bbq place near me. Smoked at 275F with B&B hickory lump and a combo of hickory and cherry wood. Took it to probe tender which was right about 205F. Rested in the cooler for an hour and a half and sliced. Very rich beefy flavor and crazy tender and juicy. I’ll definitely be doing this again. Reminds me of the juiciest brisket ever. Based on the results I am amazed this isn’t a widely sold cut of beef. I’m planning on doing pastrami with some too. Here are some pics of the beef.
0FC5F55F-43A3-4D34-9745-50A912A90029.jpeg
0BBA352F-F745-49D2-88EC-2725C367D130.jpeg
E1C4F129-EE2E-401C-82FA-138A43FA66B9.jpeg
B6FC8437-E1FA-4C6B-8F66-A4C2CCCDC5F8.jpeg
887FDD8D-4A0C-4BD6-A12A-7C95E4756409.jpeg

I don't recall ever hearing of anyone smoking a beef belly Jeff, looks like it'd be delicious, Like! congrats on the ride, well deserved. RAY

Reactions: jcam222
WOW JEFF!! Gorgeous buddy...simply gorgeous. That meat looks to die for. As with some of the others, I've never seen beef belly but have often wondered about it. Truth be told, I'm wanting to make some beef bacon out of one if I can find it. I'm on a mission from God now :emoji_wink: Congrats on a much deserved ride my friend.

Robert

Very nice! Try making PASTRAMI with Navel. Best I ever had was back in the 70's, before the Low Fat craze hit and Pastrami Round became the only style you could buy...JJ

Just phenomenal! I’ve never seen a beef belly/navel around here but you nailed that smoke, beautiful bark too

Like!!

That looks awesome! You have me speechless...and that don't happen often. Great job!

Ryan

Never seen it around here either, but I've wondered for a long time.
I'm with tx smoker, I'd like to try beef bacon, too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky