Bell Mushrooms Stuffed nd Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
Not a huge event. My parents were in town to see the grandkids and we stopped off at the farmers market for “stuff” to eat. Amish handmade sausage, brats and smoked cheddar were the primary, but we picked up a lot of produce too. I decided to stuff some Bella with the raw spicy sausage and smoked cheddar and put them on the smoker after the brats, spicy sausages and chicken breasts I’d put a dry spicy curry rub on the night before. The mushrooms came out pretty incredible. Ideal appetizer or side, the smoked cheddar and spicy sausage went well with earthy shrooms. We enjoyed the curry rub on the chicken as a different flavor than normal. Amish sausage/brats are always amazingThat’s it…thank you for your time! JW
4C93332A-1B87-4A52-887E-7996C2106F02.jpeg
124210DA-D29A-473F-9E03-ADB57FC58FFD.jpeg

EEF1BC19-2061-49CE-B965-950AA931D101.jpeg
C676A31A-7712-416F-B5A0-7FDE83075AF4.jpeg
48CACD1D-8030-48F1-8B93-C0F1CA81E947.jpeg

if your interested, curry rub was from quick google search:
  • 4 tsp curry powder
  • 1.5 tsp ground coriander
  • 1.5 tsp Kosher salt
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp sugar

Last edited:
Good looking stuff!
Jim
Thank you Sit, they were very tasty!
JW

Looks great. You bought a new camera eh? Those pictures ar magazine quality. Very nicely done.

Thank you. Haha, no, but I appreciate the compliment. I’ve used the same iPhone for pics that I’ve had for at least four, if not five years.

Looks good to me. We all Love Stuffed Mushrooms in this family and could tear through several dozen of those Beauties! Unfortunately, Whole Mushrooms are hit or miss at our Wally World Grocery. Sliced? No problem. The Variety sucks. White, Crimini (Baby Bella) and Big Bella Shrooms. Where's the 3" Stuffing Mushrooms? Where's the Shiitake, Enoki, Oyster and Hen of the Wood Mushrooms?🤬...JJ

Reactions: bauchjw
Looks good to me. We all Love Stuffed Mushrooms in this family and could tear through several dozen of those Beauties! Unfortunately, Whole Mushrooms are hit or miss at our Wally World Grocery. Sliced? No problem. The Variety sucks. White, Crimini (Baby Bella) and Big Bella Shrooms. Where's the 3" Stuffing Mushrooms? Where's the Shiitake, Enoki, Oyster and Hen of the Wood Mushrooms?🤬...JJ
🤣Thank you JJ! That’s terrible! I’ve been very lucky over the years to move around to a lot of different places that always had a good variety of produce that isn’t any more expensive than Wally World. Thank you for the like!

Dang that looks really good!
VERY NICE!
Thank you Sir!

Everything looks great, jw!
Years ago I was working a trade show in Minneapolis and the closest (walking distance) place for lunch
was an Indian restaurant. Curry overload and I haven't had anything with curry since.
I'm going to have to pick up a small container and give it a sniff....

Reactions: bauchjw
Boy, That's some good looking Vittles, right there!!
Nice Job!
Like.
Bear
Thank you Bear!

Outstanding cook.
HUGE LIKE!
thank you! It was fun!

Everything looks great, jw!
Years ago I was working a trade show in Minneapolis and the closest (walking distance) place for lunch
was an Indian restaurant. Curry overload and I haven't had anything with curry since.
I'm going to have to pick up a small container and give it a sniff....
Thank you! Haha, that’ll do it! I don’t mind curry, my wife and kids aren’t the biggest fans of it, but they liked this dry rub. Different a flavor and definitely not strong. Good luck!
JW

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky