Beef spare ribs and a Pastrami.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheezeerider

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Red Hill, PA
This was by far my best smoke on the electric ECB. I followed some advice from a few good folks here and only used 3 chunks of hickory and 4 charcoal briquettes. Could have stayed on the smoke a little longer, but they sure tasted good.

8f8721f8_Temp.jpg

Notice the number on the bottom right? That was the outside temp. Nothing a few cold beers couldn't take care of.

1bca96c6_Rubbed%20and%20ready.jpg

Here's the ribs and brisket point rubbed and ready for the smoke. I never measure or write down the ingredients of my rubs, I just mix together whatever sounds good at the time. I really need to start documenting.
194bfa04_On%20the%20smoker.jpg

Here is everything on the smoker. Maintained about 230-240. Used hickory.

f9f9b535_Fresh%20off.jpg

The ribs fresh off. They could have used more time but it was getting late. They tasted darn good anyway.

Huh? no shots of the pastrami I Guess.

de2dff67_Cut%20view.jpg

Here's a cross section. Not too bad.

5a10d116_Cody%20lovin%20em.jpg

This is my youngest chowing down. He enjoys Dads cooking.

Next time I'll stick to the same temp, wood and charcoal.(The charcoal made a big difference. Never would have thought of using it on an electric smoker)  But I will definitely go another hour or so.

Time, there's just never enough.

Thanks for looking. And thanks to all who share their wisdome and experience.

Chris

Looks great.  The little guy is sure happy with the results!!  I'm the same way -- just mix and match to whatever sounds good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky