Beef Short Ribs ( Cross cut ) and Baked Potato, ( Heavy pic's)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beef Short Ribs ( Cross cut ) and Baked Potato

It has been a while for me to BBQ some short ribs as we call them. So on to the grill with 3 nice pieces . All we add to them is salt and pepper and than baste with Soya Sauce, That's the flavor I have been missing for a while.
I normally don't want to pay that much. But it's been a while and I just said Truck it, I want them.
View attachment 510922 View attachment 510923 View attachment 510924

Felt bad not using the "Smokers Shed, but I modified the grill with sheet metal to cover the back open area on the bbq and I can bring it up past 600 deg. if need be. So I put in the pellet tube with Hickory in it for some smoke while grilling.

View attachment 510926View attachment 510927
View attachment 510928 View attachment 510929

Ribs ready and all sauced up with the Soya Sauce, and the potatoes are all done also.
So all plated up with Ribs, baked Potatoes and gravy ,fried onions , cream corn ( should
have had Kernel corn ) and my pickles.

View attachment 510930View attachment 510931View attachment 510932

Well I can honestly say that is what I wanted , a nice and simple meal. And tasty.
Too full for dessert , give me an hour I will find room.

Thanks for holding on until the end

David

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Outstanding!!
I'd go with a plate just like yours, David!!
Those Shortribs look so freaking Good!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Beef Short Ribs ( Cross cut ) and Baked Potato

I normally don't want to pay that much. But it's been a while and I just said Truck it, I want them.
David, that all looks great and I'm with you on the cost of beef ribs, but every now and then you just have to treat yourself.
Is that brown gravy on those potatoes?

Thank Smoke for the like and the comment

Yes it was a great treat, and yes some times you just have to go for it.
That's modified brown gravy , had to use a package and add a few things,
as the ribs were done on the grill so no help from them for the gravy.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky