Beef Short Ribs ( Cross cut ) and Baked Potato, ( Heavy pic's)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Beef Short Ribs ( Cross cut ) and Baked Potato

It has been a while for me to BBQ some short ribs as we call them. So on to the grill with 3 nice pieces . All we add to them is salt and pepper and than baste with Soya Sauce, That's the flavor I have been missing for a while.
I normally don't want to pay that much. But it's been a while and I just said Truck it, I want them.
1.JPG
2.JPG
4.JPG

Felt bad not using the "Smokers Shed, but I modified the grill with sheet metal to cover the back open area on the bbq and I can bring it up past 600 deg. if need be. So I put in the pellet tube with Hickory in it for some smoke while grilling.

DSC_3058.JPG
DSC_3067.JPG

DSC_3066.JPG
8.JPG

Ribs ready and all sauced up with the Soya Sauce, and the potatoes are all done also.
So all plated up with Ribs, baked Potatoes and gravy ,fried onions , cream corn ( should
have had Kernel corn ) and my pickles.

9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG

Well I can honestly say that is what I wanted , a nice and simple meal. And tasty.
Too full for dessert , give me an hour I will find room.

Thanks for holding on until the end

David

Wow David, those ribs look amazing. Absolutely beautiful color on them and I love the variety on your plate. You call it simple but I bet it was delicious. Excellent job sir.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow David, those ribs look amazing. Absolutely beautiful color on them and I love the variety on your plate. You call it simple but I bet it was delicious. Excellent job sir.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

It was very good ,glad I decided to pick them up. Mona is a big fan of good soya sauce on her BBQed meat. And
I also like it , but I like to jump around with different flavors also :emoji_upside_down:

Was not happy with the cream corn and it was Green Giant, looked like someone beat the ship out of it.....:emoji_blush:

Again thanks Robert

David

Good looking plate. Momma taught me not to fight girls. But, I'd think I'd go a round or two with Mona for the leftovers!
Jim

• Haha
Good looking plate. Momma taught me not to fight girls. But, I'd think I'd go a round or two with Mona for the leftovers!
Jim

Ha Ha
Thanks Jim for the like and the comment, we don't eat a lot of not ground beef , mainly because of price. But had a bad craving for these ribs.

It was a great meal, and you Mom is right, don't fight with girls :emoji_wrestlers:
I will just sit back and far away because Mona is a mean little girl , and probably fight dirty for the left over...LMAO
all in fun , thanks for the chuckle🥊🥊🥊🥊

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Beautiful looking meal! I love the gravy on the baked tater also! For something different add the cream corn to pancake batter... it makes really good pancakes! And you're right, sometimes you need to forget about price and go for it!

Ryan

Beautiful looking meal! I love the gravy on the baked tater also! For something different add the cream corn to pancake batter... it makes really good pancakes! And you're right, sometimes you need to forget about price and go for it!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

You are right , work hard most of the time ( ha ha ) so have to just go for it.
It was a nice quick and simple meal, with great taste. I really like cream corn , but this can look terrible .Even the color sucked.
I like the idea of putting it in pancakes

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky