Beef marrow, filet and dessert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Well I couldn’t let the weekend pass without engaging in some cooking. Definitely ready for something other than Thanksgiving leftovers. Supper tonight - Appetizer: Roasted beef marrow with black truffles on a bed of parsley, shallots and capers with lemon olive oil dressing and Parmesan crisps. Main course - Filet Mignon with black truffles and a truffle oil drizzle on 7 year old aged cheddar cauliflower mash with an asparagus and bacon bundle. Dessert I’m calling a Deconstructed Mudslide. A So it’s Rebel SF ice cream in the chocolate cups served on fresh whipped cream dusted with cocoa and served with a spoon each of the sugar free Kahlua, Irish Cream and Vanilla vodka. lot of prep on this one starting 2 weeks ago when I made the sugar free Kahlua for Annette. A few days ago I made her some sugar free Baileys Irish Cream. The idea rolled from there when I remembered a cool dessert I had seen in homemade chocolate cups. I used Lily’s SF chips to make the cups. This ones a keeper for a dinner party. That’s it folks. We really enjoyed this meal.
D82E92C4-0232-456C-987C-717306DC0CA4.jpeg
C7C5EC0D-CD6C-43F9-A226-50D82AD3CF34.jpeg
4DF0598C-82E4-4966-8819-2B51173E1577.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang Jeff thats some good looking eats! That dessert plat is money!!! Nice job!!
Thanks!! I put a lot of thought into that creation lol. As per usual I wish I had thought just a little more. Version 2 I think I’ll place the chocolate cups directly on the Plate / chocolate drizzle and pipe the whipped cream around the edges. Wife loved this thing.

Reactions: Sowsage
Most impressive meal! Give me a Half Dozen of them Marrow Bones, a loaf of Crunchy Bread and a bottle of Red...I'd be set up just fine! Roasted Beef Marrow, definitely in my top 3 favorite foods. Right there with Scallops and Frog's Legs!...JJ

Most impressive meal! Give me a Half Dozen of them Marrow Bones, a loaf of Crunchy Bread and a bottle of Red...I'd be set up just fine! Roasted Beef Marrow, definitely in my top 3 favorite foods. Right there with Scallops and Frog's Legs!...JJ
I’d never had it before tonight. Have wanted to for quite awhile and by chance saw a big pack of bones at the grocer. I’ll definitely have it more often. I’ll have to look for veal bones to try as well.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
You had me at bone marrow Jeff, outstanding meal and presentation, as is your usual, huge Like! I'm thinking you may well be on your way to a TV show, you produce truly incredible cooks. RAY

Reactions: jcam222
Very nice, some upscale dining going on... I like it.
Dang!!! That's some high end dining your doing there. Very pretty.
Thanks guys. This meal would probably cost more than I’d spent a a restaurant that would serve it haha. Pretty economical for home though especially since I grabbed the whole tenderloin at $9.99 to trim the filets from.

Wow jeff that's next level. I'd hit that so hard. Beautiful
Mad skillz!!! Big Like!!!
Magazine quality , yet again !! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Outstanding
Looks awesome!Nice presentation as well... Love beef marrow.
Thanks for the likes and kind words guys. It was pretty tasty and I’ll definitely be having marrow again. Wife loved the dessert and generally has been digging my sugar free Kahlua and Irish Cream.

You had me at bone marrow Jeff, outstanding meal and presentation, as is your usual, huge Like! I'm thinking you may well be on your way to a TV show, you produce truly incredible cooks. RAY
Thanks Ray!! Can’t believe it’s taken me so long to try marrow. Don’t know about a TV show lol but I do get comments on my food posts occasionally on Facebook from a few of the Netflix BBQ show stars who are on my friends list.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky