Beef Knuckle sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Used what was left from the beef knuckle I posted to other day to make some sandwiches . Pretty straight forward . Did this a little different . I normally use heated beef stock to warm the meat . This time it all went in a cast Iron skillet .
Got the rest of the roast sliced up , then covered in the fridge while getting the rest ready .
20200921_171358.jpg 20200921_171948.jpg
I get a " take and bake " bread from the store . Great stuff . I did it in the 360 air fryer .
20200921_172118.jpg
Onion , green bell and some Cubanelle peppers from the garden .
20200921_172936.jpg
Sliced up and in the pan . I had a couple TBSP of butter in there , and go medium heat .
20200921_180649.jpg 20200921_181640.jpg
I get the bread ready , Cut in half then rip down the length , but not all the way thru .
I put a slice of provolone on the bottom to help hold the juice .
20200921_181950.jpg 20200921_182024.jpg
Meat in the pan with the peppers to warm a bit .
Then I stack it together with some more cheese .
20200921_182340.jpg 20200921_182959.jpg
I turn the heat up on the pan for a couple minutes .
Then add beef stock and a lid to catch the steam .
20200921_183108.jpg
Did the fries in the air fryer . Come out great . I use that 360 everyday for something .
So useful .
20200921_182655.jpg
Plated up , then pour some of the pan juice on the sandwich . The cheese on the bottom
and the crusty bread soak it all up .
20200921_184140.jpg 20200921_184146.jpg
Getting some good used from the beef knuckle . This was the second meal , and froze another couple pounds of the slices .
Thanks for lookin .

Thats a great looking sandwich. How do you like those cubanelle peppers? I started seeing those at our Wal-Mart but have never tried them. Anything to compare too?

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice looking sammie! As a kid when threatened with a knuckle sandwich I never wanted one...but could I PLEASE have one now?

Ryan

Thats a great looking sandwich.
Thanks for the comment Travis .
cubanelle peppers? I started seeing those at our Wal-Mart but have never tried them. Anything to compare too?
They also call them Italian frying peppers . They are like a bell pepper . The ones in this thread are from a branch that broke off . Have some on the plant that are 8 " long . It produced a bunch . Was so hot here nothing else did . We use them like a bell pepper .

Reactions: Sowsage
Ah, Man!!! That looks about as good as it gets.
Just Fricking Fantastic!!
And the Fries look Perfect Too!!
I could go for 2 plates like that!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

That’s a great looking meal!
That beef looks perfectly cooked!
Nice work!
Thanks Al . I'll get one more meal out of it . Cook that beef to medium rare , works great for future meals .

Ah, Man!!! That looks about as good as it gets.
Just Fricking Fantastic!!
Thanks John . That is a good meal .
The fries in the 360 come out perfect . So does the bread . That half baked loaf is perfect for these .
Stands up to the moisture .

I missed the Beef Knuckle somehow Rich, but it sure looks as tho everything came out great, Like! I need to learn how to do frys in the 360, then it'd get used for at least that. RAY

I missed the Beef Knuckle somehow Rich, but it sure looks as tho everything came out great, Like! I need to learn how to do frys in the 360, then it'd get used for at least that.
Here's the first thread .
Ray that air fryer is really useful . I know at some point you have bought a tool to make your work easier . This is the same . If you eat frozen fries and things , it's great for that . I bake you bread recipe in mine all the time . Comes out great .
Thanks for lookin.

That is one good looking and inviting sandwich Rich, might be a second fat boy showing up at your door!

I like those cubanelle peppers too, my grandfather would grow and pickle them.

Reactions: JLeonard
That is one good looking and inviting sandwich Rich, might be a second fat boy showing up at your door!
Thank you sir . Plenty of room .
I like those cubanelle peppers too, my grandfather would grow and pickle them.
Those ones I used for this were on a branch that broke . That plant is loaded with them , and they get bigger and will turn if you let them . You know that if you've been around them . I did pickle half of those in the picture . Used them on sub sandwiches last night .

20200924_124821.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
Back in the early 80's when I was a bouncer at the local watering hole I gave and took a few knuckle sandwiches, but none of them looked as good as yours. Want to trade - one of mine for one of yours?

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky