Beef Knuckle sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Used what was left from the beef knuckle I posted to other day to make some sandwiches . Pretty straight forward . Did this a little different . I normally use heated beef stock to warm the meat . This time it all went in a cast Iron skillet .
Got the rest of the roast sliced up , then covered in the fridge while getting the rest ready .
20200921_171358.jpg 20200921_171948.jpg
I get a " take and bake " bread from the store . Great stuff . I did it in the 360 air fryer .
20200921_172118.jpg
Onion , green bell and some Cubanelle peppers from the garden .
20200921_172936.jpg
Sliced up and in the pan . I had a couple TBSP of butter in there , and go medium heat .
20200921_180649.jpg 20200921_181640.jpg
I get the bread ready , Cut in half then rip down the length , but not all the way thru .
I put a slice of provolone on the bottom to help hold the juice .
20200921_181950.jpg 20200921_182024.jpg
Meat in the pan with the peppers to warm a bit .
Then I stack it together with some more cheese .
20200921_182340.jpg 20200921_182959.jpg
I turn the heat up on the pan for a couple minutes .
Then add beef stock and a lid to catch the steam .
20200921_183108.jpg
Did the fries in the air fryer . Come out great . I use that 360 everyday for something .
So useful .
20200921_182655.jpg
Plated up , then pour some of the pan juice on the sandwich . The cheese on the bottom
and the crusty bread soak it all up .
20200921_184140.jpg 20200921_184146.jpg
Getting some good used from the beef knuckle . This was the second meal , and froze another couple pounds of the slices .
Thanks for lookin .

Thats a great looking sandwich. How do you like those cubanelle peppers? I started seeing those at our Wal-Mart but have never tried them. Anything to compare too?

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice looking sammie! As a kid when threatened with a knuckle sandwich I never wanted one...but could I PLEASE have one now?

Ryan

Thats a great looking sandwich.
Thanks for the comment Travis .
cubanelle peppers? I started seeing those at our Wal-Mart but have never tried them. Anything to compare too?
They also call them Italian frying peppers . They are like a bell pepper . The ones in this thread are from a branch that broke off . Have some on the plant that are 8 " long . It produced a bunch . Was so hot here nothing else did . We use them like a bell pepper .

Reactions: Sowsage
Ah, Man!!! That looks about as good as it gets.
Just Fricking Fantastic!!
And the Fries look Perfect Too!!
I could go for 2 plates like that!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

That’s a great looking meal!
That beef looks perfectly cooked!
Nice work!
Thanks Al . I'll get one more meal out of it . Cook that beef to medium rare , works great for future meals .

Ah, Man!!! That looks about as good as it gets.
Just Fricking Fantastic!!
Thanks John . That is a good meal .
The fries in the 360 come out perfect . So does the bread . That half baked loaf is perfect for these .
Stands up to the moisture .

I missed the Beef Knuckle somehow Rich, but it sure looks as tho everything came out great, Like! I need to learn how to do frys in the 360, then it'd get used for at least that. RAY

I missed the Beef Knuckle somehow Rich, but it sure looks as tho everything came out great, Like! I need to learn how to do frys in the 360, then it'd get used for at least that.
Here's the first thread .
Ray that air fryer is really useful . I know at some point you have bought a tool to make your work easier . This is the same . If you eat frozen fries and things , it's great for that . I bake you bread recipe in mine all the time . Comes out great .
Thanks for lookin.

That is one good looking and inviting sandwich Rich, might be a second fat boy showing up at your door!

I like those cubanelle peppers too, my grandfather would grow and pickle them.

Reactions: JLeonard
That is one good looking and inviting sandwich Rich, might be a second fat boy showing up at your door!
Thank you sir . Plenty of room .
I like those cubanelle peppers too, my grandfather would grow and pickle them.
Those ones I used for this were on a branch that broke . That plant is loaded with them , and they get bigger and will turn if you let them . You know that if you've been around them . I did pickle half of those in the picture . Used them on sub sandwiches last night .

20200924_124821.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
Back in the early 80's when I was a bouncer at the local watering hole I gave and took a few knuckle sandwiches, but none of them looked as good as yours. Want to trade - one of mine for one of yours?

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky