• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef, it's what's for dinner...

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
...tomorrow anyway. I just got the brisket, a slab of baby backs, and a fatty on the smoker. Feeding mesquite wood into the fire as needed. I did something different this time. I separated the flat from the point. Gonna make some burnt ends.

Q-view tomorrow! Will take pics of the ribs tonight after I pull them. Gonna have a late supper of ribs and beans, and fatty sammies!

Last edited:

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Getting my smoker warmed up tomorrow, too.  Q-view to come.  Looking forward to yours!

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
We ate most of the ribs. I could hardly carve them up. Kept falling off the bones. I got pics though! Will post them tomorrow with the brisket pics.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Sounds good Chris, looking forward to the pics!

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
Here is the q-view! I tried to slice the flat, but it kept coming apart, so I shredded it all. I ended up not doing burnt ends. I was too tired.

dunginhawk

Joined Mar 26, 2011
wow does that look good.. ive only done a couple briskets so far, but they havent turned out great.

those look so good.

one question i have is, whenever i order burnt ends at a bbq joint they are just cut chunks not spaghetti strings like most i see on this site.

is it just the way you pull em vs chop em?

What is the reasoning behind pulling em?

just curious.

certainly looks good.

thanks for sharing.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
Thanks for the comp! Easier to shred to me. Plus I don't eat fat, so I remove all the fat as I am shredding it. Most places around here just chop up the point, fat and all. They call it chopped beef. I haven't seen burnt ends anywhere local to me.

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like everything turned out great Chris, bet that was some good eating!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks great, Chris!

Bear

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
It was some good eating, Al. Gonna eat some more tonight too! Taking some to work tonight, for more tonight!

Thanks Bear!

gotarace

Limited Mod
Joined Jan 27, 2011
Great looking smoke Chris...those ribs and brisket look excellent. I made a smoked meatloaf yesterday and seeing this makes me wish i would have made ribs.

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Good looking stuff.  Also, it is nice to hear that other people are actually tired at the end of a long smoke.

Good luck and good smoking.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
Thanks y'all! Merv, I work 3rd shift and didn't go to bed that morning. I stayed up all day, so I was pretty tired.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Those are some great eats that's for sure! I have still yet to chop or pull a brisket. I need to give it a try some time. I pull my pork but I slice my beef. Go figure.

Last edited:

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Those are some great eats that's for sure! I have still yet to chop or pull a brisket. I need to give it a try some time. I pull my pork but I slice my beef. Go figure.
LOL----Ross, try repeating that any place but here!

Just stand up sometime, around a bunch of normal people, as opposed to our abnormal gang here at SMF, and say loud & clear, "I Pull My Pork".    

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.