Beef, it's what's for dinner...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
...tomorrow anyway. I just got the brisket, a slab of baby backs, and a fatty on the smoker. Feeding mesquite wood into the fire as needed. I did something different this time. I separated the flat from the point. Gonna make some burnt ends.

Q-view tomorrow! Will take pics of the ribs tonight after I pull them. Gonna have a late supper of ribs and beans, and fatty sammies!

Last edited:
We ate most of the ribs. I could hardly carve them up. Kept falling off the bones. I got pics though! Will post them tomorrow with the brisket pics.

Here is the q-view! I tried to slice the flat, but it kept coming apart, so I shredded it all. I ended up not doing burnt ends. I was too tired.

33f3a0b3_Inthesmoker.jpg

586347e5_Ribsdone.jpg

920f80b3_Ribssliced.jpg

12022054_Brisketdone.jpg

b929de77_Brisketshredded.jpg

wow does that look good.. ive only done a couple briskets so far, but they havent turned out great.

those look so good.

one question i have is, whenever i order burnt ends at a bbq joint they are just cut chunks not spaghetti strings like most i see on this site.

is it just the way you pull em vs chop em?

What is the reasoning behind pulling em?

just curious.

certainly looks good.

thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comp! Easier to shred to me. Plus I don't eat fat, so I remove all the fat as I am shredding it. Most places around here just chop up the point, fat and all. They call it chopped beef. I haven't seen burnt ends anywhere local to me.

It was some good eating, Al. Gonna eat some more tonight too! Taking some to work tonight, for more tonight!

Thanks Bear!

Great looking smoke Chris...those ribs and brisket look excellent. I made a smoked meatloaf yesterday and seeing this makes me wish i would have made ribs.
drool.gif

Good looking stuff.  Also, it is nice to hear that other people are actually tired at the end of a long smoke.

Good luck and good smoking.

Thanks y'all! Merv, I work 3rd shift and didn't go to bed that morning. I stayed up all day, so I was pretty tired.

Those are some great eats that's for sure! I have still yet to chop or pull a brisket. I need to give it a try some time. I pull my pork but I slice my beef. Go figure.

Last edited:
Those are some great eats that's for sure! I have still yet to chop or pull a brisket. I need to give it a try some time. I pull my pork but I slice my beef. Go figure.
LOL----Ross, try repeating that any place but here!

Just stand up sometime, around a bunch of normal people, as opposed to our abnormal gang here at SMF, and say loud & clear, "I Pull My Pork".    
roflmao.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky