Beef Filets & Bacon Wrapped Scallops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Morning smokers. Just stopping in to post up some beef filets and bacon wrapped scallops I grilled for supper last night.

Started off with 12 pretty large scallops. Seasoned them with some old bay, wrapped in bacon and hit them with some more seasoning.
20200404_183227.jpg

Next on to the steaks. I used Kinders Buttery Steakhouse seasoning
20200405_111903.jpg

Seasoned the steaks and let them sit a couple hours.
20200404_182824.jpg

Was a beautiful day in Tennessee so sat on the porch and had a beer or 10
20200404_171230.jpg

Got the food on the pellet smoker later that evening using pecan pellets and ran it about 400°
20200404_185513.jpg

Grilled until bacon crisped up and steaks were about medium rare then pulled them off for a 10min rest
20200404_191933.jpg

Sliced and plated. Beef filet, scallops, roasted potatoes and a salad
20200404_193814.jpg

Was a pretty tasty meal and a perfect day!

Great looking meal there Jake and looks like a beautiful day. I’m sure you are thankful for the extra space during these trying times. I can’t imagine living in an apartment. Our lilacs haven’t started to bloom here yet.

Boy howdy, that is some mighty fine looking surf and turf there, nice piece of work, Like! RAY

Great looking meal there Jake and looks like a beautiful day. I’m sure you are thankful for the extra space during these trying times. I can’t imagine living in an apartment. Our lilacs haven’t started to bloom here yet.
Thanks peachey and yes I'm glad I got some land and dont have to deal with the zombies. Apartment life ain't for me lol. All flowers in full bloom here! Nice job picking out the lilacs

Fabulous looking meal! Can see why you enjoy sitting on the porch drinking beer with a view like that.

Ryan

Very nice job! Those scallops look so dang good! Maybe all this mess will be gone before the season comes in down on the Gulf!!

Very nice job! Those scallops look so dang good! Maybe all this mess will be gone before the season comes in down on the Gulf!!
Thanks man I appreciate it. Love scallops. Even better with bacon. Had some giant ones in alaska last summer

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky