• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef bone in Short Rib attempt

RichGTS

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 22, 2020
It’s been a while since I posted on here - life has been getting in the way of getting time to play with the smoker.
I picked up these bone in short ribs and thought it would be nice to try these on the smoker. Plan to season them up with a simple SPOG rub and let them roll unless anyone can tell me otherwise.
image.jpg

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Those gonna be tasty. I like to add in some chipotle or cayenne with my spog for a little mild heat

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Seems like around 5 hours. I usually toss in during a brisket or pork butt cook and take out when tender.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
been a while since my last beef rib cook, but all mine were still one piece (not separated). Pretty sure they took about 8 hours or so. separated would have to be less than whole.

1MoreFord

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 4, 2020
These are one of the few things I pan with liquid and seal with foil part of the way thru the cook to get them tender.

RichGTS

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 22, 2020
That would have helped. Some were really tender and others not so much. I look forward to doing these again

RichGTS

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 22, 2020
Some got real tender then others seem to have a bit less fat and were tougher. As usual I’m my own worst critic.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.