Beef Barbacoa Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did a quick recon at the local store yesterday and all of the chucks were 2.5lbs or under. I'm going to try Krogers to see what they have but I may have to go to a butcher to get a 5 pounder. (I didn't really want to smoke two smaller roasts) Also, where in the world did you find jalepeno powder? I couldn't find anything like that. Not sure how important that is. I probably could just use something else.

Personally I prefer Smoking 2 Chuckies instead of 1.
These Twins worked out Great !!

Twin Chuckies

Bear

I went and got the ingredients tonight. Krogers had small chucks too so i just went with two. I almost got a serloin tip instead but wanted to stay faithful to the recipe beibg the first time.

Personally I prefer Smoking 2 Chuckies instead of 1.
These Twins worked out Great !!

Twin Chuckies

Bear

Hey Bear,

I checked out your twin chuck post and learned that there is such a thing as thick whats-this-here sauce. Thanks for that.

Sadly; It's out of stock at Amazon and doesn't even show up on Lee and Perrins site. That was a let down but I did learn that there is such a thing as powdered whats-this-here sauce so I had to order a bit of that out of curiousity.

Speaking of barbacoa. There are these guys that have a catering business called Barbacoa Boyz. They have this bad azz smoker made by Fat Stack or something.
Nice smoker. The guys cook southern/south America style blend.. They have some videos. I saw them on the Mad Scientist guys video.

Hey Bear,

I checked out your twin chuck post and learned that there is such a thing as thick whats-this-here sauce. Thanks for that.

Sadly; It's out of stock at Amazon and doesn't even show up on Lee and Perrins site. That was a let down but I did learn that there is such a thing as powdered whats-this-here sauce so I had to order a bit of that out of curiousity.

That "Twin Chuckies" an Old Thread.
A couple years ago they stopped selling Worcestershire "Thick".
They now sell the exact same thing under the name of "Lea & Perrin's Bold Steak Sauce".
I got the Powder too, but the Jury is still out on it. I actually got it for when I Vac Seal for my SV, so there's less liquid in the pack.

Bear

Well, I went to local mex store and they don't have ground jalep spice either. I'm just going to blend up 2-3 Serrano peppers and throw it in the sauce.

I thought I read that the sauce was strained after everything was done but I can't find that now. I think I might be getting my threads and recipes mixed up.

I don’t strain the sauce. I pull the chuck and add some of the sauce back as a finishing sauce. If using it for enchiladas or something like that I add more sauce. If using for tacos I use less sauce. I add all the remaining sauce to the leftovers and put in the fridge. The sauce gets absorbed into the beef and is awesome the next day.

That "Twin Chuckies" an Old Thread.
A couple years ago they stopped selling Worcestershire "Thick".
They now sell the exact same thing under the name of "Lea & Perrin's Bold Steak Sauce".
I got the Powder too, but the Jury is still out on it. I actually got it for when I Vac Seal for my SV, so there's less liquid in the pack.

Bear

Thanks Bear,

The steak sauce kept coming up in my search and it seemed like they were pushing it as an alternative to the thick stuff.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks Bear,

The steak sauce kept coming up in my search and it seemed like they were pushing it as an alternative to the thick stuff.

I'll give it a try.

Yeah, I don't know why they just changed the name from "Worcester Thick" to "L & P Bold Steak Sauce", but that's what they did.
Maybe they figured they'd get more sales calling it a "Bold Steak Sauce", which is probably true.

Bear

Yeah, I don't know why they just changed the name from "Worcester Thick" to "L & P Bold Steak Sauce", but that's what they did.
Maybe they figured they'd get more sales calling it a "Bold Steak Sauce", which is probably true.

Bear

You've probably got it figured out. Can't blame them for searching for a market.

I'm doing Co4ch D4ve Co4ch D4ve barbacoa recipe again this weekend. Dave, I couldn't find ground jalopeno pepper anywhere. Any insight on that or a suitable replacement? I did it without my first time and the recipe was still delicous. I'd like the snip of heat if that's what it ultimately provides.

Thanks Dave. I did see that on Amazon, just not going to have it on time for me to prep. I'll do a few stops around local markets to see if I can luck out. Otherwise I'll just omit again. My mouth is already watering for Saturday taco night!

I'm doing Co4ch D4ve Co4ch D4ve barbacoa recipe again this weekend. Dave, I couldn't find ground jalopeno pepper anywhere. Any insight on that or a suitable replacement? I did it without my first time and the recipe was still delicous. I'd like the snip of heat if that's what it ultimately provides.
I was just going to blend a jalep or Serrano pepper and put it in the sauce but then I drank too much and forgot.

Reactions: markh024
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky