Beef Back Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
Wife was away, Sounders were playing the rival Portland Timbers, and lost, so I could cook something SWMBO doesn't eat. I smoked me some Beef Back Ribs.

PXL_20230414_190539602.jpg
PXL_20230414_190702754.jpg

Made Two of these. Sat overnight in the refrigerator. On the recteq at 10:30am yesterday morning on Lumberjack 100% Hickory. Smoked on extreme smoke, 180° until the stall at about 165° at near 3:30pm.

Turned up to 225° and pulled the first at IT 205° at 4:30. The second hit IT 208° at 5:45 and pulled

Rested both in cooler until until 6:40.
PXL_20230415_233516606.jpg

And a couple of them cut.
PXL_20230416_014233546.jpg

They were moist and tender, too bad the sounders lost. They were served with Beechers Mac and Cheese and a Caesar Salad which I didn't get pic's of as I was to busy serving, And lots of beer.

Last edited:
Looks delicious! Bet you were glad your wife went away!
It says you turned the temp up to 125... was it supposed to be 225 or 325?

Ryan

Reactions: Nefarious
Looks very good!
Yes they were, what was just as impressive was the grave yard pile of bones left over. Thanks

Looks good, them Shiners are tasty.

Looks delicious! Bet you were glad your wife went away!

They look good. Nice job.

The ribs look awesome! I would love to have some of those right now!

Some nice work there, well done!

Looking good. I've got some back ribs on my pit right now.

Thanks everyone, SWMBO only will eat baby back's so I have to wait for her to be away. Was an awesome time with kids watching the match.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky