• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

BDSkelly ~ Bird Legs Disney Style

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
I picked up some Chicken legs a while back.  Friday night I defrosted them. Made a batch of Pops Cure Brine and tossed the drums in.

24 hours later I took them out. ... Gave them a one hour soak in clear water.  And then let em sit on the counter for an hour to dry out. 

After about an hour the legs got a little sticky. Time to dust them with some Dirty Bird Rub!

I'll smoke these with hickory pellets at a temp of 250 for a few hours and pull them off when the internal temp hits 170 degrees. 

More later

B

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Look great so far!

Al

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
You munching on them during the big race today ???    They look like they will be great...

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Wow great color! Bet they were tasty!

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Wow great color! Bet they were tasty!
Thank you B..  Yup. They are almost gone.  I think the grand kids are taking the rest home for their  lunch box tomorrow. 

gary s

OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Nice looking legs my friend, Great color   

Gary

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Them legs look perfect.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Is it track season again? Should I be watching for Ashton Eaton to break all the decathlon records he's already set?

Great looking drummers BD!

Points!

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Man if the grandbabies are taking 'em for lunch tomorrow they must be good!

Really pretty color! Look juicy. Will defer to those grand babies on taste. They had a good beat, and were easy to dance with. I give it a solid 9.5, since I have not personally tasted them.

Last edited:

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Is it track season again? Should I be watching for Ashton Eaton to break all the decathlon records he's already set?

Great looking drummers BD!

Points!
Thank you for the point Case! 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.