BDSkelly~ 2nd Smoke on the New Stick Burner Pork Butt.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great 2nd smoke Brian. Amazing bark--miles ahead of anything I can achieve on the MES!!!!

POINTS for this one.

Gary
Thanks so much for the point Gary.   This new unit is great.  But I'm not kicking the MES or Mini to the street.  Both are great cookers as well! b

Tasty looking butt! Looks like a brisket is in the near future! Ps I love burnt ends!
biggrin.gif
You are correct B.  Next is brisket. That will be th final test!  LOL 

Looks great. I like the grate you got in the firebox. Did it burn any different using that instead strait on the plate?
icon14.gif
Morning Brian.

Good catch. The first smoke I didn't use a grate.  This longer one I did.  I bought it at Lowes and cut the most of the  length of the legs off.  Worked great and helped keep that fire nice and hot! . Learning as I go here!  

b

Nice looking smoker and the vittles look better uyet.

Steve
Thank you Steve.  Yeah I'm still in a learning stage with the new smoker.  

You know how new equipment is.... Just takes time for you and the machine to meet each other half way and decide you're going to get along! 

But so far, it has been a good Honeymoon.  I'll keep working until I can get it to dance! 

b

That butt sure turned out pretty, B...very nicely done my friend!  Makes me want to go back to stick burning...

points.gif

Red

Nice looking smoke!

How much wood did you go through during the sixteen hours? What kind of wood are you running?
Morning Case.

I didn't keep count but I'd guess 12  one foot long splits of oak.  It was more wood than I would have thought.  But I think the wood I was using is over seasoned.  ....And very dry wood burns fast.  Plus the outside temp was 32 degrees. So I'm sure that was a factor as well. 

That butt sure turned out pretty, B...very nicely done my friend!  Makes me want to go back to stick burning...

points.gif

Red
Howdy Red.

Thank you for the point my friend.  And Happy Thanksgiving! b

Brother. Seeing that I'm still getting use to this machine Id have to tell you that I used ALL of the temperatures. LMAO
It was a rollercoaster. But eventually settled her down to 225-250
B

Looks great BD, I need to get a stick burner and move up to your level!

Nice bark on that baby.

:drool:

I'm not sure I've gotten to a level on this locomotive of a smoker yet. LOL. The set it and forget it MES was easy. The Mini is a dream. BUT This one is a bit waspy. But I'll tame it soon enough
Thanks pal
B

Brian, Why is it that the rest of us need to learn the heart of our offset, but you have yours figured out from the git-go.

:points:

You've got that right. Its probably painted with reflectium black. That smoke stack is an antenna that receives instructions from the intergalactic BBQ solartron smoke gods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky