• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bday dinner

smokeyt

Joined Nov 27, 2016
The big weekend is finally here. My lil. brother requested BBQ for his birthday. I picked up a packed brisket from Walmart and a bone in shoulder. Guys we're talking about 22 pounds of meat [emoji]128525[/emoji]. Friday morning I trimmed and coated the brisket in the gospel by the meat church. Beautiful color on it. And the shoulder got dizzy dust sprinkled all over it. I woke up at 4 this morning. Took the meat out of the fridge to bring it up to room temp. Fired up the wsm. It was 17 degrees when I started this morning. Currently holding temp at 230. Stay tune group. It's going to be a long one.

wolfman1955

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 17, 2013
Wow that meat looks good!! Up at 4 am now that is true brotherly love!! Good luck on your smoke! I'm betting it will be great!

Keep Smokin!!!

Wolf

carolinadoug

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 18, 2016
looks great already!  Should be a great bbq day in your house. Might have to do a brisket, butt and some sausage some day....

smokeyt

Joined Nov 27, 2016
My dad is a big sausage lover. I picked up some for him. Going to throw it on last.

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
ST, looking good ,keep us posted and don't forget the money shots ! 

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like a great start!

Your a good brother!

Al

smokeyt

Joined Nov 27, 2016
Well I'm about 7 hrs in and I can say. It's been fun. The temp just now got above freezing. It still holding at 220-230 finally. Got the sun shining on it. Haven't lifted the lid as bad as I want to. The meat is temping at 176.6. Can wait to see the finish product :grilling_smilie:

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks like a great start. Im betting it will be a great birthday bash.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Well I'm about 7 hrs in and I can say. It's been fun. The temp just now got above freezing. It still holding at 220-230 finally. Got the sun shining on it. Haven't lifted the lid as bad as I want to. The meat is temping at 176.6. Can wait to see the finish product
You have some serious discipline my friend!!!

Al

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
That looks good so far

Richie

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 4, 2011
Thats a nice cook for your brother. Very nice.  

Looking forward to the finished pics. 

smokeyt

Joined Nov 27, 2016
Brisket is done. Hit and internal temp of 195. I pulled it off wrapped heavily in foil. And in the cooler with newspaper it went. It's going to get a good nap. Dinner ain't till 7

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Brisket is done. Hit and internal temp of 195. I pulled it off wrapped heavily in foil. And in the cooler with newspaper it went. It's going to get a good nap. Dinner ain't till 7
That will be perfect. Resting for 1.5-2 hours will do it good.

tripleq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 13, 2016
Man, Im on the other side of the country (its 70 deg here)  and My mouth is watering. Hope you get a couple of pics of the finished product.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.