• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

BBQ RUB

bbrock

Meat Mopper
Joined May 13, 2009
I have a crazy ?. I just made some rub for my pork butt and it taste some what diffrant than before. the only thing I changed was the brand of paprika. My wife picked up some Fancy paprika. that is the name of it and it was cheap..So my ? is  could the paprika change the taste of the rub. I know there are diffrant kinds of paprika but this is just plain like I have alwayes used..thanks for you time.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Yes the difference in styles of paprika can change the taste . But i don't know that most folks could taste it.

bbrock

Meat Mopper
Joined May 13, 2009
Thats what I was thinking. It might just be me lol..Thanks eman..

Last edited:

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now get you some hot Hungarian and you'll taste the difference for sure. But as for as Fancy Paprika I have never heard of it thou. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.