BBQ Cook offs in East Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Count me in on any help in the East Texas area.

I posted some background info, but did it in the "Texas" thread:

I just came across this site looking for some local cook-offs.

We moved from the DFW meteromess four years ago to the Athens area. I still have an office up there, but try to avoid it like ebola.

For a while we were at a cook-off at least every other weekend, if not every weekend.  We had a baby boy join us three years ago, and needles to say that put the brakes on the cook-off scene for a little while.

I am looking for local cook-offs, willing to help running cook-offs, helping in getting new ones off the ground, shooting the breeze on BBQ, hunting, fishing, or anything else for that matter.

I look forward to meeting like minded cookers around the area.

Ryan

Last edited:
Hi guys. Mud that sounds like a good plan. I would love to come. I'm in the Dallas area. But my baby boy is due middle of March. We'll see how things go.....but I doubt I'll even be awake!!!!!

Hello all!! Just joined recently and have a smoker in the development stages but would definitely like to attend an actual event. I work shift work so if theres any kind of date you have in mind i can try an plan a trip up. Thanks

If you are still looking for a venu you should look at Kiepersol.  They have a 5k run each year and plenty of space to host an event. 

gary we are having a B B Q cook off in longview texas on 9-30 20016-10-1-2016 for the care 4 kids this is our second year for it terry petty

Hi every one. This is my first real post so I hope I don't screw it up haha.

I live in Tyler tx and I have been wondering myself "what competitions are there around here?"

I was about to host a non-profit bbq cook-off in late october of 2016 that benefited local law enforcement through Lone Star Church. It was a real blast, except there was just me and one other guy, but we made it fun and got to feed a bunch of people and collect some money for a good cause. 

Would anyone be interested in this thread be interested in participating this year? I had a heck of a time trying to find cooks last year, now that I found out about this place, I am hopeful I could persuade one or a few of you to join in. IF you win, you get a pig trophy haha.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Josh

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky