Batch of OFG Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokenharley

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Lancaster Co., PA
I saw Disco's post and I thought; this is just the jerky texture I was after. Most of the jerky I have made in the past was thinner and definitely more tough. I was looking for something chewy but not like shoe leather. I picked up 3# of top round and went to work - sliced the meat a bit thicker at a 1/4" or slightly more. After seasoning it went to the fridge for 24 hours. Since mine was a bit thicker it took slightly longer in the smoker - about 3 hours. This stuff is just perfect. You could obviously modify the recipe for more heat if you want but I think it is just about perfect the way it is. If you haven't tried this yet, you need too. I didn't post a lot of process pics because Disco did a fantastic job documenting everything. Thanks Disco!

IMG_2744.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky