Balsamic Glazed Flatbread!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Haven’t had a chance to try pizza in the new RT 1250 so had to give it a go......
85C8FE6C-0DAB-4629-AB2D-7EA940025629.jpeg

The toppings:
sauce, mozzarella, Romano, Italian sausage, bacon, smoked ham, pepperoni, tree ripened olives, red onion, baby Bella’s, fresh grape maters, fresh chopped basil, sea salt, topped after cook with balsamic glaze
620ACFD7-E2F7-4144-9A85-FC266B67922F.jpeg

This is a bite full of flavor!!!
7618205E-9F38-4C95-9091-A0D772F9C22D.jpeg

FYI, each person pizza portion is formed and then put on the grill for 2 mins to firm them up and do a slight pre-cook....Gordon Ramsay tip for the flat bread....it keeps it from sticking when full of toppings too!

Flat bread dough:
2-1/4 ounce packets dry yeast
3.5c flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp fine sea salt
1/4 c olive oil.

sauce, can of crushed maters, 1/4 c red wine, diced onions, garlic, fresh chopped herbs, mater paste to thicken it up, SP

Balsamic glaze:
1 c each red wine & balsamic
Red onions, thresh thyme & rosemary, reduced by 2/3rds a pinch of sugar, starch slurry for thickness and SP to taste...

Desert:
55437B15-29D7-4778-BBE3-E84689278724.jpeg

Desert dough:
2.5 tsp dry yeast
3.5c flour
1 tsp baking power
2 tsp kosher salt
2-3 Tbsp water
1 1/2 c beer
1/4 c olive oil

Topping:
Butter
Brown sugar
Cinnamon

Glaze: (enough for 2 pizzas)
1cube butter
1 3/4 c powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp milk
Whipped together

The finish!.....be sure you save room for this!!! Hence the smaller personal size pies!
E0947E86-C517-4A66-8F5B-8A7A76168CC4.jpeg

The cooks were all done at 500 - 540 deg on the RT. The wife and kids and desert were cooked on a 1/4 world market pizza stone, mine right in the grate..... about 10 min a pizza depending on toppings and dough thickness....

Last edited:
Holy smokes! That looks incredible! Oh man, do I want to try that! The pic of you holding that flatbread is out of an advertisement. What a great pizza and cook, I have to get over my hesitancy to make my own bread/dough/it’s. Your killing it!

Holy smokes! That looks incredible! Oh man, do I want to try that! The pic of you holding that flatbread is out of an advertisement. What a great pizza and cook, I have to get over my hesitancy to make my own bread/dough/it’s. Your killing it!
Thanks jed! It’s a bucket list thing in my books.....well better than a bucket list cause you can do it more than once!!!

The flat bread recipe above is about the easiest dough to make. My wife makes it in 5 mins.....oh both take a two hour raise time.......if you are nervous just make up some dough for a test cook.....you can brush it with olive and sea salt it and pepper before you cook it and have it as a side with dinner or an app before dinner. That way you get a feel for how it cooks.

The other tip is to clean your pellet good before and give it an extra 30 min at 500 deg to burn off all the old oil....all that burn off is nasty. Once burned off it should be burning clean!

PS, you can also just put it in a oiled fry pan to brown the bottom then under the oven broiler....quick and easy test.

Last edited:
WOW!
That looks delicious!
You really killed it this time!
We were planning to have a small pizza tomorrow.
Definitely gonna make that dessert pizza too!!
Al

Some great looking flatbread CS! I love it when it’s loaded up like that.

Oh and balsamic glaze is a wonderful thing! I’ve never tried reducing it with red wine, I need to try that.

Man 2 pizza post in row on my reading list this morning. And both looked absolutely perfect. y'all gonna have me ordering pizza for lunch here at work.

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
LOL...Thanks Steve! I'm a "combination" type of person for sure!!!

WOW!
That looks delicious!
You really killed it this time!
We were planning to have a small pizza tomorrow.
Definitely gonna make that dessert pizza too!!
Al
Many thanks Al! The hardest part is getting all the toppings together the actual cook is over before you even think about it. The desert pizza is like having a whole tray of cinnamon roll centers to eat...... The flat bread dough could be used but the beer dough is fluffier and matched better for desert perfection!

Some great looking flatbread CS! I love it when it’s loaded up like that.

Oh and balsamic glaze is a wonderful thing! I’ve never tried reducing it with red wine, I need to try that.
Thanks XR..... most flatbread stuff is like a cracker with a little color on it....not at CS house....the bread is flat because the toppings smash it! We do the red wine combo all the time. Very tasty on all kinds of things!

CS, Awesome job, those babies look incredible !
Much appreciation CM!

Last edited:
Man 2 pizza post in row on my reading list this morning. And both looked absolutely perfect. y'all gonna have me ordering pizza for lunch here at work.

Jim
Thanks Jim, having more than one idea is a great thing! and Pizza for lunch also a great thing!

Looks great Civil . Nice work .
Many thanks Chop!

Wow!
Never had anything like those, but they sure look Tasty!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear, it is a very tasty pizza for sure, a thinner crispy crust and the toppings just blend... We have a couple of pizza shops around here that specialize in quick personal pizza's like this.....It has become a rage....

And I thought I made a loaded pizza! Never tried one with a balsamic glaze. The combinations of flavor and texture must have been over the top.
....LOL, I know I have a "problem" YOU NEED TO try the balsamic glaze, it is the next level!!!

Homemade, I added the recipe above... We use it on pork, steak, lamb.....well you get the idea...

Homemade, I added the recipe above... We use it on pork, steak, lamb.....well you get the idea...
Thank you. Sounds simple enough. I've bought it made before. And liked it. But thought it was missing something. And made it. But thought it was too harsh. I cooked it down to the thickness I liked. Which probably had something to do with it. Next time. I'll reduce until the flavor is there. Then reduce with the corn starch slurry. Thanks for the recipe.

Holy Mary mother of God!! That looks heavenly...and then some. Never seen anything like that but hopefully will see it on our table real soon :emoji_wink: Absolutely beautiful job.

Robert

Thank you. Sounds simple enough. I've bought it made before. And liked it. But thought it was missing something. And made it. But thought it was too harsh. I cooked it down to the thickness I liked. Which probably had something to do with it. Next time. I'll reduce until the flavor is there. Then reduce with the corn starch slurry. Thanks for the recipe.
Oh straight balsamic reduction is very strong! The 50/50 mix tones it down and then you just season it up with a pinch of salt and sugar at a time then just a splash of starch slurry. you need to go under on the starch because you need to cook it in and that thickens it up....if it goes to thick just thin it back out with some water.

Holy Mary mother of God!! That looks heavenly...and then some. Never seen anything like that but hopefully will see it on our table real soon :emoji_wink: Absolutely beautiful job.

Robert
LOL Robert...and many thanks! It is crazy good and worth a try for sure! Be careful though it is abdicating!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky