Baker's Dozen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup downsizing has been going on for a while. Even the propane exchange company here has stopped 20lb bottles they are now 15lb bottles also raised the price. Same size 20lber just 15lbs in them.
I think that has always been that way, that is why I fill the tanks at a propane place. What I have done when needing another tank is walk into a place that does a refill and ask the guy if they have any tanks lying around that are old or failed. I was given a couple free, then I went to an exchange and got re certified tanks.

• Haha
Reactions: HalfSmoked
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it applies to clothing as well.
I've worn 8 1/2 size shoes most of my life. Last time I bought a pair I had to get a 9.
I really don't think my feet have grown.
Yesterday Meijer had Dockers house slippers on sale for 50% off and I was ready for a new pair. Medium was supposed to fit 9 through 11. They fit me but snug and no way would they fit someone with size 11. Manufacturers found out that they could make all their clothes just a tiny bit smaller they could save lots of money in the end.
They think no-one will notice.
Like all the other "downsizing", it's an insult to our intelligence but there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.....

Reactions: HalfSmoked
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it applies to clothing as well.
I've worn 8 1/2 size shoes most of my life. Last time I bought a pair I had to get a 9.
I really don't think my feet have grown.
Yesterday Meijer had Dockers house slippers on sale for 50% off and I was ready for a new pair. Medium was supposed to fit 9 through 11. They fit me but snug and no way would they fit someone with size 11. Manufacturers found out that they could make all their clothes just a tiny bit smaller they could save lots of money in the end.
They think no-one will notice.
Like all the other "downsizing", it's an insult to our intelligence but there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.....
So THAT'S why my waist size has grown!

Wait till that 12oz beer becomes 10oz. People will take to the streets.
I will lead the charge lol!
6oz and 7oz packs of sliced cheese really piss me off. Not to mention smaller cans and bottles of everything. Hurts my head to realize that ignorance training has worked that well.

Meijer recently reduced their store brand potato chip bags from 8. something ounces to 7.75 ounces and kept pricing the same. Used to be when they were on sale 2 for XXX, you'd get the sale price rate for one. Now it's regular price unless you buy 2.

Some of the beers I drink regularly have been off amounts for as long as I can remember... Grolsch, Guinness, Carlsberg, Pilsner Urquell and Bitburger etc etc do 11.7 oz or other odd numbers but I think that's just a metric conversion thing as opposed to stiffing the customer.

Meijer recently reduced their store brand potato chip bags from 8. something ounces to 7.75 ounces and kept pricing the same. Used to be when they were on sale 2 for XXX, you'd get the sale price rate for one. Now it's regular price unless you buy 2.
With Kroger, you have to buy 3-5.

I will lead the charge lol!
6oz and 7oz packs of sliced cheese really piss me off. Not to mention smaller cans and bottles of everything. Hurts my head to realize that ignorance training has worked that well.

In Maryland we have had 10oz Bud forever as well as the 12oz

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky