bacon.......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 13, 2009
az
buckboard and canadian that is..........cured for a week and cold smoked both.

smoke generator........hickory in the small one and maple in the bigger one.

the set up..........

peppered.............

chipotle.........

canadian.....southwest style..........

after 3-4 hrs..............

after 6 hrs finished the CB with indirect heat to internal temp of 160....

after 12 hrs of smoke here is the peppered..........

chipotle.............

and the CB.............

vac sealed overnight and i'll slice them in the morning for breakfast.
thx for stoppin' by.................

/ message sig

after 6 hrs finished the CB with indirect heat to internal temp of 160    how is that cold smoking?????   What temp did you get the BBB?????   I just don't understand!!!!

If I may presume to interject,  He smoked the CB for 6 hours, then removed from the smoke and placed in another "grill" if you will, then finished the CB with indirect heat until he got to 160*, where it'll be safe to eat, without further cooking or grilling or whatever.  The BBB  remained in the original smoker and he continued applying smoke for an additional 6 hours, still in a cold smoke environment.  He's actually doing two techniques here.  AND showing an excellent usage of the AMNS in an ideal application. 

Unfortunately for me, SWMBO saw this thread and wanted to know when I was going to do something like this.  THANKS Chefrob, now I've got another project moved up to IMMEDIATE
wife.gif
or else, status. 
biggrin.gif

after 6 hrs finished the CB with indirect heat to internal temp of 160    how is that cold smoking?????   What temp did you get the BBB?????   I just don't understand!!!!

If I may presume to interject,  He smoked the CB for 6 hours, then removed from the smoke and placed in another "grill" if you will, then finished the CB with indirect heat until he got to 160*, where it'll be safe to eat, without further cooking or grilling or whatever.  The BBB  remained in the original smoker and he continued applying smoke for an additional 6 hours, still in a cold smoke environment.  He's actually doing two techniques here.  AND showing an excellent usage of the AMNS in an ideal application. 

Unfortunately for me, SWMBO saw this thread and wanted to know when I was going to do something like this.  THANKS Chefrob, now I've got another project moved up to IMMEDIATE
wife.gif
or else, status. 
biggrin.gif

thx dave..........and yer welcome!

Nice bacon rob, Cant wait to see it sliced open...bacon is also up on my list

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky