• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

bacon.......

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
buckboard and canadian that is..........cured for a week and cold smoked both.

smoke generator........hickory in the small one and maple in the bigger one.

the set up..........

peppered.............

chipotle.........

canadian.....southwest style..........

after 3-4 hrs..............

after 6 hrs finished the CB with indirect heat to internal temp of 160....

after 12 hrs of smoke here is the peppered..........

chipotle.............

and the CB.............

vac sealed overnight and i'll slice them in the morning for breakfast.
thx for stoppin' by.................

/ message sig

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks awesome Rob, I've just got to smoke some bacon. That's right at the top of my list.

wildflower

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 22, 2010
after 6 hrs finished the CB with indirect heat to internal temp of 160    how is that cold smoking?????   What temp did you get the BBB?????   I just don't understand!!!!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Any left?

Who sliced it for you?

Bear

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
If I may presume to interject,  He smoked the CB for 6 hours, then removed from the smoke and placed in another "grill" if you will, then finished the CB with indirect heat until he got to 160*, where it'll be safe to eat, without further cooking or grilling or whatever.  The BBB  remained in the original smoker and he continued applying smoke for an additional 6 hours, still in a cold smoke environment.  He's actually doing two techniques here.  AND showing an excellent usage of the AMNS in an ideal application. 

Unfortunately for me, SWMBO saw this thread and wanted to know when I was going to do something like this.  THANKS Chefrob, now I've got another project moved up to IMMEDIATE
or else, status. 

after 6 hrs finished the CB with indirect heat to internal temp of 160    how is that cold smoking?????   What temp did you get the BBB?????   I just don't understand!!!!

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
If I may presume to interject,  He smoked the CB for 6 hours, then removed from the smoke and placed in another "grill" if you will, then finished the CB with indirect heat until he got to 160*, where it'll be safe to eat, without further cooking or grilling or whatever.  The BBB  remained in the original smoker and he continued applying smoke for an additional 6 hours, still in a cold smoke environment.  He's actually doing two techniques here.  AND showing an excellent usage of the AMNS in an ideal application. 

Unfortunately for me, SWMBO saw this thread and wanted to know when I was going to do something like this.  THANKS Chefrob, now I've got another project moved up to IMMEDIATE
or else, status. 

thx dave..........and yer welcome!

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Nice bacon rob, Cant wait to see it sliced open...bacon is also up on my list

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.