Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Meatballs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
Hello

Smoked some bacon wrapped cheese stuffed meatballs (and a few sans bacon) this evening. Turned out great!

This cook was partially inspired by the recipe for Monk Balls in Jeff's Smoking Meat book.

Started with 2 pounds of ground chuck. Added 2 eggs, some crushed corn Chex, seasoned with some Meat Church Holy Gospel and The Gospel rubs.

IMG_1054.JPG

Formed 12 good sized meat balls. Wrapped six with bacon, and left 6 without bacon. Stuffed each with a cube of cheddar cheese. Dusted with a little more The Gospel rub.

IMG_1055.JPG

Went on the Traeger set at 250*. Ran apple pellets. Glazed the bacon wrapped meatballs with some BBQ sauce with about 15 minutes left in the cook.

Total cook time was around 1 hour and 45 minutes.

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

Need to give moink balls a try.

Like bacon and meatballs. So I'm sure I'd like moink balls.

The batch you made up look really good.

Those moinks look really good, try stuffing a slice of jalapeno pepper in with that cheese. ummmmgooood.

Point for sure.
Chris

Need to give moink balls a try.

Like bacon and meatballs. So I'm sure I'd like moink balls.

The batch you made up look really good.

Yes - can't beat the combo. Thanks!

Three or four of them on my spaghetti. Oh man. Them look really good from here. LIKE!

I have never tried them on spaghetti. However, if going for an itialian style meatball, I would likely mix in some sausage and adjust the seasonings. Thanks!

Those moinks look really good, try stuffing a slice of jalapeno pepper in with that cheese. ummmmgooood.

Point for sure.
Chris

Thanks Chris! Yes - good call on the jalapeno. Or even just some diced green peppers and onions.

WOW!
Those look fantastic!
Nicely done!
Al

Thanks Al!

Great job

Thanks!

Yep That's a LIKE!!!! I like that idea, may have to do that soon, There is a break in the weather coming...
Congrats on the carousel ride.

Yep That's a LIKE!!!! I like that idea, may have to do that soon, There is a break in the weather coming...
Congrats on the carousel ride.

Thanks! They were easy and something different.

I would keep the meatballs like they are for the spaghetti. Flavors would be good together. Almost like smoked bbq spaghetti. Play around with the sauce maybe. I would have to try adding some liquid smoke into the sauce. Mix in some of Jeff's bbq sauce. Go that route maybe. Either way you give inspiration for a new style dish in my future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky