Bacon Meatballs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
I wasn't sure where to put this as it contains beef and pork, so I figured it was kind of like a sausage.  Anyway I used ground beef, ground pork, and ground home cured bacon, eggs, oregano, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, snp, and a little parm cheese.  Broiled them and then cooked them in a tomato sauce made with fresh basil, garlic, snp,  To grind up the bacon I just ran it through my kitchen aide grinder attachment, worked out well...meatballs came out great!  Had a nice smokiness to them!  I made them for a retirement party at work, I served them with mini-potato rolls so they were like mini-bacon meatball sliders. 

375815b2_baconmeatballs.jpg

f021fda7_baconmeatballs1.jpg

f1c9d719_baconmeatballs2.jpg

926531bc_baconmeatballs5.jpg

a76d7b15_baconmeatballs7.jpg

490688c9_baconmeatballs8.jpg

4e4ced40_baconmeatballs11.jpg

591a16d9_baconmeatballs12.jpg

bac50ae4_baconmeatballs13.jpg

I have made some that are similar and added some smoked mozzarella - these are awesome  Congrats man

looks great there shellbellc........... I'll have mine on some garlic bread
biggrin.gif

Those look delicious, I like the idea of grinding up bacon and adding to the meatball mix, bet it had some great flavor.

Those look delicious, I like the idea of grinding up bacon and adding to the meatball mix, bet it had some great flavor.

It did have great flavor!  I will be trying this again, maybe with some sweeter maple or hickory flavored bacon and then trying a different sauce instead of red...I've been bouncing a lot of ideas around in me head...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky