• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bacon Meatballs

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
I wasn't sure where to put this as it contains beef and pork, so I figured it was kind of like a sausage.  Anyway I used ground beef, ground pork, and ground home cured bacon, eggs, oregano, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, snp, and a little parm cheese.  Broiled them and then cooked them in a tomato sauce made with fresh basil, garlic, snp,  To grind up the bacon I just ran it through my kitchen aide grinder attachment, worked out well...meatballs came out great!  Had a nice smokiness to them!  I made them for a retirement party at work, I served them with mini-potato rolls so they were like mini-bacon meatball sliders. 

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
look real good bubbling away in that sauce....must find my attachments and drag out the KitchenAide

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I have made some that are similar and added some smoked mozzarella - these are awesome  Congrats man

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
looks great there shellbellc........... I'll have mine on some garlic bread

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Those look delicious, I like the idea of grinding up bacon and adding to the meatball mix, bet it had some great flavor.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
Those look delicious, I like the idea of grinding up bacon and adding to the meatball mix, bet it had some great flavor.

It did have great flavor!  I will be trying this again, maybe with some sweeter maple or hickory flavored bacon and then trying a different sauce instead of red...I've been bouncing a lot of ideas around in me head...

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Dang!!!!

Missed another good one for almost 2 weeks!

Looks Great Shellbellc!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.