Back from the hospital ----- Again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
Well survived another 5 days in the hospital
rolleyes.gif
 . This time they were putting a skin graft over the giant hole they made in my left leg, they pulled the skin graft from my right leg, so now both legs have big giant wraps on them... lol. Sad part is the skin graft donner site hurst way, way, way more than the big hole - go figure. Basically I describe the skin graft as a really bad case of road rash
eek.gif

Doctors are happy with the results of the skin graft, they said it had about a 95% take. Now I just change both the bandages 2x a day and home care shows up a few time a week to see how the wounds are healing. Still gonna be out of work untill the 1st of next month,  but we will survive.

Hope you all are doing well, I won't be on the computer a lot since sitting is kind of uncomfortable.

Glad it is progressing...slow but sure.

Get an epad or one of them thingys that you can use from rest!!

Stick with it.

I am almost one year into recovery... the end may be in sight soon..

Thoughts and prayers your way..

Craig

Johnny glad to hear everything went well with the graft. Keep getting better and we'll see ya when you are up to it

Glad to hear your on your way to recovery Johnny. Been missing your posts. Get well soon Buddy!

my brother had one done a couple of months ago and he said ditto on the doner site hurting worse! hang in there johnny!

Hey Johnnie glad to hear it is done and you are back home. I bet you cant wait to have this all behind you.

Sit back and relax for a bit and you will be back up and running again soon

Thanks again for all the well wishes!
2thumbs.gif

I am using the wifes laptop and that seems to be working for now.

Johnny, glad you are getting better...  We been missing you here...

Just found this Johnny!

Keep hangin' in there---sounds like you're finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel, and will be back smoking real soon!

Miss Ya,

Bear

OK..... so few months back for those that followed the fun, I had a flesh eating virus my inner, upper, left thigh. Long story short I look like a shark attack victim... lol. Just got the summary of the costs submitted to my insurance so far.......

.... this includes two hospital stays....
lurk.gif

.... 5 surgerys ....
sawzall.gif

.... and a ton of other stuff....
sausage.gif

..... grand sum total so far: $155,163.81
eek.gif

.... so my question is how much is that in pulled pork?
36.gif
 Think they would take barter?
laugh1.gif

Hang in there man, you'll be back at it soon. 
..... grand sum total so far: $155,163.81

.... so my question is how much is that in pulled pork?

Ummmm........ALOT !!!!!!!!!!! better not use foil you may break the bank the rest of the way.

Well thankfully the recovery is mostly done by this point in time.... all that's left is sorting out what the insurance will and wont pay.... lol

Johnny - just send the bills the insurance wont pay to Bear. He has an unlimited supply of spare cash.  I would think that that amount of money would be enough to feed the entire forum for a long time

Johnny - just send the bills the insurance wont pay to Bear. He has an unlimited supply of spare cash.  I would think that that amount of money would be enough to feed the entire forum for a long time
Maybe when they figure it all out, they'll overcharge you like Giant did with my 11 pounds of Ribeyes. Then they'll give you all your money back.

OOOOPS, I guess they don't have the same policy as Giant.

Glad you're just about fully recovered.

Bear

At the very least he can growl at them and make them forget about the bill.... lol

Maybe when they figure it all out, they'll overcharge you like Giant did with my 11 pounds of Ribeyes. Then they'll give you all your money back.

OOOOPS, I guess they don't have the same policy as Giant.

Glad you're just about fully recovered.

Bear
My wife said I was like a lotto scratch it and wanted to know where she could cash me in.... lol.

Leg is doind good, just still got one 4" long area that is not quite closed up yet - hopefully another month or less and it will be fully closed up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky