Back (Canadian) Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would recommend going as low a temperature as possible to get smoke on it as long as possible. Do a minion and keep it around 160 to 180 F if possible. You want a long smoke. It is even better if you can cold smoke for few hours if you have an AMazeN product. However, I have used my mini with a minion smoke and got it to 170. I smoked to an internal temperature of 140 F which took about 5 hours and it turned out great.

I would recommend going as low a temperature as possible to get smoke on it as long as possible. Do a minion and keep it around 160 to 180 F if possible. You want a long smoke. It is even better if you can cold smoke for few hours if you have an AMazeN product. However, I have used my mini with a minion smoke and got it to 170. I smoked to an internal temperature of 140 F which took about 5 hours and it turned out great.

I can smoke with charcoal all day at 50 or 40 degrees on my ECB this time of year.. it's just a matter of 5 or 6 charcoal briquetes and a chunk of wood every hour .

Cool! Give it about 4 hours at low temperature and then kick it up to 180 F and cook to an internal temp of 130 to 140 F however long it takes.

Thanks. I used my Bradley Electric and mini charcoal smoker for a couple of years and then got lazy.

Cool! Give it about 4 hours at low temperature and then kick it up to 180 F and cook to an internal temp of 130 to 140 F however long it takes.

Sounds good.. I will go over a Bearcarver post also before I do it too.. I'm not sure if he uses the Tender Quick , but I think he does..

Go Verlander! X Tiger..

Sorry I'm late to you CB party Disco! Looks fabulous! I will call it CB because BB is already "Buckboard" not "Back" bacon.
(wouldn't want to confuse anybody...). LIKE!

Sounds good.. I will go over a Bearcarver post also before I do it too.. I'm not sure if he uses the Tender Quick , but I think he does..

Go Verlander! X Tiger..
He does. I stopped using it because it isn't available locally. It works great.

Sorry I'm late to you CB party Disco! Looks fabulous! I will call it CB because BB is already "Buckboard" not "Back" bacon.
(wouldn't want to confuse anybody...). LIKE!
Har! I will have to live with that! Thanks for the point!

Looking good disco,,, looking good,,,, One question, why did you fry some up when it was already smoked to temp?? just to warm it up??

Looking good disco,,, looking good,,,, One question, why did you fry some up when it was already smoked to temp?? just to warm it up??
Thanks, DS! First, I don't considered 140 smoked to temp. If I want to be able to eat it cold, I would take it to 150 F. The reason I cook it to between 120 and 140 is it is so much easier to slice. I have done cold smoke and then sliced. When I cook them up, I don't notice much difference between the cold smoke and the ones I finish with a hot smoke so I go for the easier slicing. As for cooking it, either way, frying it crisps the fat parts which I love!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky