Back (Canadian) Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good choice!

I just thought since it was cold here I would try it..
I know commercial bacon is done cold smoked.. Will see what happens..
You did what people say is like a "warm" smoke. People say it gets better color and doesn't take as long to get Smokey.. Right?
It's all good..lol

I just thought since it was cold here I would try it..
I know commercial bacon is done cold smoked.. Will see what happens..
You did what people say is like a "warm" smoke. People say it gets better color and doesn't take as long to get Smokey.. Right?
It's all good..lol
The following is just my experience. A long cold smoke gives a great colour and taste. It is a little softer and harder to slice but only marginally. A hot smoke, gives less smoke flavour but is marginally easier to slice. I have chosen to combine the two and cold smoke for six hours, an overnight rest and then a hot smoke. I think it gives the best of both worlds.

However, I have cold smoked and loved it. I have hot smoked and loved it. I have double smoked and loved it. The differences between all three are marginal and preference varies per person. It is like the difference between wet and dry brining. Both are great but there are slight differences. If you had a slice of each you would be raving about both but would likely have a preference for one or the other.

None of the methods is right or wrong and all work great. Keep trying things and you'll find the one you like. In the meantime, you will be eating a lot of great bacon!

Reactions: Rings Я Us
IMG_20171019_093409.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky