Babyback Bonanza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Finally the rain went away in Ohio so time to fire up the Lang and smoke some meat. Babybacks, chicken bacon ranch poppers and keto cowboy beans today. I had quite a few babybacks to use up so did 5 racks with my sugar free keto sweet heat rub. Heated things up with 2/3 a bag of B&B oak lump and some greener oak wood I have. Once up to temp switched to some nice seasoned cherry wood I decided to change it up today so I didn’t wrap them but instead spritzed every 45 minutes or so with 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water. The results were phenomenal. I won’t waste my time wrapping anymore. I’ll probably make ribs more often now. I always hated messing with wrapping and unwrapping a big batch. I made about 70 ABT’s stuffed with a mix of shredded chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheddar and dry ranch mix then wrapped in bacon. Beans are black soy, bacon, burger, onion and a sugar free sauce with hints of chipotle. This is about my 5th smoke on the new to me vintage 84D, I love it more each time!
005D1735-9C8B-4E04-A14D-41B02A888200.jpeg
C5A2B866-54F5-4DF9-A2A8-B3018700DF40.jpeg
FC30DA92-C7AA-40CA-B429-A503DE9151ED.jpeg
209AD2B2-300F-4D77-B47B-00EDB6669CFF.jpeg
4ECCE21C-60AF-44D2-A1DE-2371E5F37830.jpeg
8726FCC8-DA18-42A5-86D1-815C642EE50C.jpeg

Finally the rain went away in Ohio so time to fire up the Lang and smoke some meat. Babybacks, chicken bacon ranch poppers and keto cowboy beans today. I had quite a few babybacks to use up so did 5 racks with my sugar free keto sweet heat rub. Heated things up with 2/3 a bag of B&B oak lump and some greener oak wood I have. Once up to temp switched to some nice seasoned cherry wood I decided to change it up today so I didn’t wrap them but instead spritzed every 45 minutes or so with 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water. The results were phenomenal. I won’t waste my time wrapping anymore. I’ll probably make ribs more often now. I always hated messing with wrapping and unwrapping a big batch. I made about 70 ABT’s stuffed with a mix of shredded chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheddar and dry ranch mix then wrapped in bacon. Beans are black soy, bacon, burger, onion and a sugar free sauce with hints of chipotle. This is about my 5th smoke on the new to me vintage 84D, I love it more each time!View attachment 496389View attachment 496390View attachment 496391View attachment 496392View attachment 496393View attachment 496394
Great cook - That’s a lot of work on those ABTs.

Reactions: jcam222
Great cook - That’s a lot of work on those ABTs.
Lol yep. You can probably tell in the one pic that two trays were more done than the other two. I had to take a break on them lol.

Da Wow, Jeff!

Wished you lived closer. I've got a lot of firewood you can have to fuel that Lang.
I was at a HS graduation reception this afternoon. Your ribs wouldn't have made it 30 minutes. ABTs would last longer until the beer deadened taste buds. That Minnesota bland thing.

Whole lotta awesome in that cook. If you were a little closer, I may have been beating on your door with empty plate in hand.

Da Wow, Jeff!

Wished you lived closer. I've got a lot of firewood you can have to fuel that Lang.
I was at a HS graduation reception this afternoon. Your ribs wouldn't have made it 30 minutes. ABTs would last longer until the beer deadened taste buds. That Minnesota bland thing.
It does love the wood for sure!
Yum. Nothing beats a full smoker.
Exactly. If you are going to fire it up fill it up right?
That's quite a batch of some great lookin' grub. musta had some company stoppin over!
No company just cooking a bunch like usual. I have friends and family I love sharing food with.
Whole lotta awesome in that cook. If you were a little closer, I may have been beating on your door with empty plate in hand.
I’d have filled it up for you.

Nice cook. It all looks great. I stopped wrapping my ribs. Just didn’t seem like it made a difference. Now I just let them ride.

The food all looks awesome Jeff bet it tasted even better. Glad you got that Lang they sure are nice to cook on yours is identical to mine other than the first owner of mine changed the rack system

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky