BABY BACKS 5 YEARS LATER (T-ROY STYLE) FINISHED PICS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Well, My ass is tired and wind burned! That front blew in and temperature dropped 30 degrees in about 4 hours. Wind was pushing out of the north @ 30 and gusted to 40 every now and then. Picked a great day to smoke Baby Backs for the first time in 5 years T-ROY YOU-TUBE guy style with all the flavors. End result was very good. Flavors were good. Not that fall off the bone deal that I hate. Take a bite and see the tooth marks is what I like. Competition tender! Cooked my best at 250. Temps went up a little and down a little. Used Cowboy Lump to build the fire then added my favorite wood. OAK. The remainder of the smoke was ALL oak. After an hour, poured Coca Cola on the ribs. 2 hours or so poured and brushed on TIGER sauce. After another hour, the BLUE bottle butter. After another hour added and brushed on Jalapeno pepper jelly. When I felt they were done I brushed on the BBQ sauce I have been making for 35 years. (Quality store bought sauce and a bunch of stuff added) They turned out great. Competition tender. No fall off the bone for us. Can't believe they did, with all the wind.
TRIMMED RIBS.jpg
GOOD SWEAT.jpg
WOOD 1.jpg
WOOD 2.jpg
DONE.jpg
COMP TENDER.jpg
Many pics. Hope you enjoy them.

Beautiful ribs HI. Heck of a glaze you got on them. Way to break a 5 year fast on BB's.

I've been doing ribs with just S&P for a couple years now, but I'm tempted to try your process.

Reactions: Hawging It
Beautiful ribs HI. Heck of a glaze you got on them. Way to break a 5 year fast on BB's.

I've been doing ribs with just S&P for a couple years now, but I'm tempted to try your process.
Thank you. They were really good tasting. With the competition bite. Good recipe by ole YOUTUBE guy from Houston, T-ROY.

Very nice looking ribs hawg. I prefer FOTB, but to each their own. I had to do a double take on that glaze. I thought the ribs were wrap in plastic. Nice Job.

Point for sure.
Chris

Learned something during this smoke even though it was extremely windy. (More wood and less lump or briquettes) Been studying about this. What I learned is if the wood is burning properly you have the good smoke TBS and the meat will not be to smokey. For years! I have used way more briquettes and lump as my fuel source than wood. I started with a chimney starter full of lump and that was it for the lump. I used oak wood only after that for the duration of the smoke. Kept a close eye on the temps and close eye on how the wood was burning. Had the TBS the entire cook. The flavor of the ribs were just right. Good smoke flavor and a good smoke ring but not to smokey. Glad I learned something. Looks like my expense for briquettes and Lump is about to go way down!!

Wow. I’m a sucker for ribs. Those look awesome. I’ve watched a lot of T-Roy cooks on YouTube. He’s got some good techniques I’ve tried and added to my smoking process, plus he’s a hoot to watch. You did a hell of a job on those ribs. I love that deep mahogany color with that bright sheen on the finishing sauce. My mouth is watering. Good job.

Ribs!!!! I guess I'm gonna have to check out ole T-Roy sometime. It's been a while on ribs for me too so I've been hankering to cook a batch of pork ribs and try out the new Meat Church rubs I got as a gift for Christmas. Looks like a good batch of ribs. congrats.

Ribs!!!! I guess I'm gonna have to check out ole T-Roy sometime. It's been a while on ribs for me too so I've been hankering to cook a batch of pork ribs and try out the new Meat Church rubs I got as a gift for Christmas. Looks like a good batch of ribs. congrats.
Thanks. Check out T-Roy and I like Malcom Reed on YouTube as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky