321 Bourbon Glazed St Louis Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
After many disappointments smoking ribs I gave in and tried the 321 technique. I must say, they came out very good...

Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, granulated garlic and onion, cayenne pepper and organic dark brown sugar rub, and into the smoker running hickory and post oak @ 225-degrees.
IMG_1709.JPG

After 3-hours just before wrapping in aluminum foil with butter and some more organic dark brown sugar.
IMG_1710.JPG

After 2-hours in the foil and back on the smoke for another hour.
IMG_1712.JPG

Maker's Mark bourbon, organic brown sugar & ketchup glaze.
IMG_1713.JPG

Finished cooking.
IMG_1714.JPG

First slices - very good, very tender and juicy without being fall-off-the-bone and the glaze is awesome.
IMG_1715.JPG

I guess its 321 ribs for me going forward!

Those look awesome! Great work! I like the 321 and used it for a long time! Out of laziness I’ve gone back to the all naked again! 321 rocks though and you nailed it! Points!

Reactions: Retired Spook
Those look delicious! As I'm sure you already know, it is often about figuring out what works for you and your smoker. All kinds of things impact which methods work best for any kind of meat. Congrats for finding your sweet spot and enjoy!

Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky