Baby Back Ribs - Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
Good afternoon

I've got three racks of baby backs on the Traeger this afternoon. They went on around 11:45 AM this morning.

Traeger is set to 225*, and I'm running Signature Blend pellets.

1st rack was hit with a light layer of Meat Church The Gospel followed up with Meat Church Honey Hog.

2nd rack was hit with Sweet Rub 'O Mine.

3rd rack was hit with a light layer of Killer Hogs AP Rub and then followed up with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub.

Prep:

IMG_0992.JPG

At 1.5 hours in and getting some juice spritz:

IMG_0994.JPG

Just foiled all three racks at 2:30 PM. They've been on for about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Still have the Traeger set at 225*.

Here is one rack before being flipped and sealed off.

All three wraps had some butter, brown sugar, and a little more juice.

IMG_0995.JPG

The ribs turned out great! Really juicy and tender. Almost FOTB, which is our preference. I tried to check some temps with the ThermoPop, and was getting some over 205* IT.

They were on the Traeger for a total of 5 hours.

- 2 hours 45 minutes unwrapped
- 1.5 hours wrapped
- 45 minutes unwrapped

Left one rack naked. Used Traeger Sugar Lips Glaze on one, and Kosmos Peach Jalapeño Glaze on the third. The Kosmos glaze was a surprise hit.

After unwrapping and going back on:

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

Now that is a rib fest!!!! Great looking ribs. Bet they tasted great. Good job... LIKE
Congrats on the carousel ride

Oh!! Those are beautiful!

Thank you!

Great looking ribs!
Very nice job & congrats on making the carousel!!
Al

Thanks Al! Pumped to make the carousel! Thanks again.

Beautiful looking ribs. I wish we were neighbors haha. Big Like!

Thank you for the comment and like!

Now that is a rib fest!!!! Great looking ribs. Bet they tasted great. Good job... LIKE
Congrats on the carousel ride

Thank you!

Really nice job on those ribs. Nice and juicy.

Point for sure.
Chris

Thanks Chris!

So what rub mixtures did you find turned out the best product on this cook?

Honestly, could not tell a ton of differences between the rubs. Still a fan of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub.

The standout was the Peach Jalapeño rib glaze. It was great. I was a little hesitant on going too heavy as I wasn't sure how hot it would be, but it wasn't hot...a good sweat heat. I could have went heavier with it.

Do you have opinions on any of the rubs or glazes I used?

Reactions: JC in GB
I’ve come to the conclusion a while ago that pellet poopers make the best ribs. They just put an awesome color and texture on them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky