Awesome Baby Backs Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Colin1230

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2021
Merriam, KS
I have to admit that I have not cooked BB's on the KJ Clasic II until today. We just haven't had rib in a while and the last trip to the store I scored some nice ones. I would like to say they were cheap but....not, $6.99 lb.
But, anyway, here we go.

20220920_110613.jpg

Trimmed and rubbed.

20220920_113308.jpg

Cooker warmed up...

20220920_124815.jpg

and ribs on.

20220920_143439.jpg

Looking pretty good at the two hour mark. There was so much moisture present that I chose not to wrap.

20220920_144947.jpg

A couple of new things that were very helpful, the Drip EZ prep tub and the seasoning shacker. Nice!

20220920_153118.jpg

Off the grill...

20220920_154743.jpg

and cut. Wow, the juice floored me!

20220920_155520.jpg

My plate shot. And.....

20220920_162023.jpg

a little meat left over for the next pot of beans.

These ribs turned out better than any I have done to date and here is what I think the difference was. I backed off on the amount of rub so they were less salty and also, even though I used the same amount of smoke wood these ribs did not have as distinct a smoke flavor as with the WSM. Still smokey, just less. The flavor profile was just great, my wife loved them and so did I.

Thanks a million for looking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and likes guys, they're greatly appreciated.
It was a great day on the patio with a beer.....
20220920_164123.jpg

or three or four, but heck, who's counting? :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Which size Drip EZ tub did you get?
It is the medium or middle sized one. I got it at Scheel's the last time I was there looking for small pistol primers. It really is nice for keeping the mess contained. Also, the shacker I got from Amazon. It gives great control of put the seasoning on and both are an easy clean up. Thanks for asking.

It is the medium or middle sized one. I got it at Scheel's the last time I was there looking for small pistol primers. It really is nice for keeping the mess contained. Also, the shacker I got from Amazon. It gives great control of put the seasoning on and both are an easy clean up. Thanks for asking.
Thanks for the info!

MAN.. The ribs look great... But I'm admiring the back ground in post #6 more... That would be a picture in a magazine ...
Thanks JD, that means a lot. The wife and I are truly blessed. Today is supposed to be our last 95*+ day here in KC. Looking forward to fall.
Again, thanks.

Those look incredible as do the potatoes! You smoke unwrapped? What temp you cook for how long. Great job on those.
I did not wrap these. I put them on at 250* and the temp had risen to 270* in four hours. That's when they were tender enough and not fall off the bone.
Thanks Brian.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky