Aussie Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

calebk

Original poster
Apr 3, 2021
Just finished building my first smoker and keen to start learning everything I can about smoking meat.

92E50D0D-8389-445B-8AA2-4F8ECBCDC831.JPG E4A0DEAF-15A3-4AB6-825A-26089C9D6681.JPG

Welcome to the site, we have several brothers from down under that post also, lotta great folks here

Welcome to the forums from Mississippi! great looking build. Almost too pretty to cook in.
Jim

Welcome to the forum from NorCal! Your smoker looks fantastic - almost piece of art! I am wondering where is a heating element/source is hidden? Or, like kruizer already asked is this smoker for cold smoke only?

Wow that is a fine looking smoke house, what kind of wood is it made with, cause it sure is beautiful!
Very nicely done!
Al

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. Nice looking smoker build. Is it for cold smoking? Looking forward to some cooks.
The plan is for hot smoking, would love to do cold smoking but concerned that I'll give myself food poisoning....

Welcome to the forum from NorCal! Your smoker looks fantastic - almost piece of art! I am wondering where is a heating element/source is hidden? Or, like kruizer already asked is this smoker for cold smoke only?

I have a charcoal grill that I was going to put directly in the bottom. Am a bit concerned that it might not generate enough heat, it which case I'll have to modify it and maybe cut a hole in the bottom and pipe an offset burner in,

I have double walled it with a layer of natural wool insulation between the inside wall and outer wall to try and reduce the amount of heat I might lose. I am going to do a 'dry' run this weekend to season it and take temperature readings to see how it goes..... fingers crossed

Reactions: HalfSmoked
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky