• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Aussie Newbie

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Welcome to the site, we have several brothers from down under that post also, lotta great folks here

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
C, Welcome and your smoker build looks excellent!

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Welcome to the forums from Mississippi! great looking build. Almost too pretty to cook in.
Jim

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Welcome from North Dakota. Great looking smoker

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Welcome glad to have you on board.
Nice looking smoker waiting to see some action from it.

Warren

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. Nice looking smoker build. Is it for cold smoking? Looking forward to some cooks.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Welcome to the forum from NorCal! Your smoker looks fantastic - almost piece of art! I am wondering where is a heating element/source is hidden? Or, like kruizer already asked is this smoker for cold smoke only?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Wow that is a fine looking smoke house, what kind of wood is it made with, cause it sure is beautiful!
Very nicely done!
Al

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Nice piece of work, welcome from Gilbert, AZ! RAY

calebk

Joined Apr 3, 2021
Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. Nice looking smoker build. Is it for cold smoking? Looking forward to some cooks.
The plan is for hot smoking, would love to do cold smoking but concerned that I'll give myself food poisoning....

calebk

Joined Apr 3, 2021
Welcome to the forum from NorCal! Your smoker looks fantastic - almost piece of art! I am wondering where is a heating element/source is hidden? Or, like kruizer already asked is this smoker for cold smoke only?
I have a charcoal grill that I was going to put directly in the bottom. Am a bit concerned that it might not generate enough heat, it which case I'll have to modify it and maybe cut a hole in the bottom and pipe an offset burner in,

I have double walled it with a layer of natural wool insulation between the inside wall and outer wall to try and reduce the amount of heat I might lose. I am going to do a 'dry' run this weekend to season it and take temperature readings to see how it goes..... fingers crossed

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.