Auber or Inkbird?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keahunter

Original poster
Aug 5, 2022
Looking to mod my MES30 and was just about to pull the trigger on the Auber WS-1510ELPM. Looks super easy to mod the unit and as so many have said in here, it's a rock solid unit to control the MES. I happened to scroll on the Inkbird ITC-608T and wondered if that could be an alternative and if anyone has experience with them controlling a unit? They are $60ish compared to Auber's $160'ish. TIA

I have the auber and really like it! Don't have the Inkbird so really can't say anything about it. But to compare two like items I believe you get what you pay for.

Ryan

I wouldn't pinch pennies here . I have the Auber 1510 . Perfect pairing for the strong point of the MES which is the insulated cabinet .
The 1510 has a lot of features , and don't look at it like you're spending the money on the smoker . The Auber can be used for different things or future equipment . I would get the multi use probe if you go with the Auber .

I have the WS-1510ELPM. My only complaint is that it's a step controller; not a ramp soak controller.

The ITC-608T looks like it'd good for a fermentation chamber. But having a max temp of 212° F made it a no-go for me as a smoker controller.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Thank you everyone for your replies. Although I mostly smoke below 212 (I do more sausages than anything else), i do like the flexibility of going higher so you've sold me on the Auber. Thanks again!!

Hello all...so I just got my Auber 1510 and can't wait to use it. However, I looked at the instructions and feel unqualified. lol. Like I should have stayed in school for my electrical engineering degree :)

• Wow
Reactions: JC in GB
I don't have any experience with Inkbird but have (and use) Auber WSD-1200GPH (older model) for 3.5 years and it's still a rock - no complaints what so ever. I had to buy a couple of new probes but this is most likely was caused by user error...

It's really not bad to program. Yes the directions can make you wonder about it though!

Ryan

Hello all...so I just got my Auber 1510 and can't wait to use it. However, I looked at the instructions and feel unqualified. lol. Like I should have stayed in school for my electrical engineering degree :)
Hi there and welcome! You are in luck, i just posted this info to help another guy with the Auber PID settings. You have to be drunk and standing on your head to make sense of the Auber manual :p

To simplify change P-I-D values do the following:
  • Hold SET for 3 sec to change ability to input a number
  • Enter 166 and press SET button and it will take you to the "P" setting
  • Change the P value and hit SET to lock it in and skip to "I"
  • Change "I" and hit SET or skip it by just hitting SET and it will go to "d"
  • Change "d" and hit SET or skip it by hitting SET to go to "At"
  • Change "At" and hit SET or skip by hitting SET to go to "t"
  • Change "t" and hit SET or skip by hitting SET to leave the 166 settings

To set time and cooking temp simply:
  1. hit the SET button to go to step "C-1" (step 1 duration) and change to an insanely large value to stay on that step forever/that many minutes, and hit SET to move to "t-1" (step 1 temp)
  2. Enter your set Temp for this step (step 1) and hit SET to move to step 2 (C2)
  3. Now for every consecutive step (C2-C6) enter a duration value of 0 and hit SET to go to the time for that step (t2-t6) - this means the step will not execute
  4. Now change the temp (t2-t6) to 0 temp and hit SET
  5. repeat steps 3-4 to Zero out C2-C6 to 0 min and t2-t6 to 0 time
From this point on you only ever have to skip to step 2 and adjust your set temp for your smoker to simply just have a 1 step smoke at that set temp forever (well for the C1 duration which should be set to an insanely high number like 4320 = 3 days).

Let me know if this makes sense.

You have to be drunk and standing on your head to make sense of the Auber manual :p

Fantastic I finally qualify for something. On second thought maybe I'm overqualified.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw
Hi there and welcome! You are in luck, i just posted this info to help another guy with the Auber PID settings. You have to be drunk and standing on your head to make sense of the Auber manual :p

To simplify change P-I-D values do the following:
  • Hold SET for 3 sec to change ability to input a number
  • Enter 166 and press SET button and it will take you to the "P" setting
  • Change the P value and hit SET to lock it in and skip to "I"
  • Change "I" and hit SET or skip it by just hitting SET and it will go to "d"
  • Change "d" and hit SET or skip it by hitting SET to go to "At"
  • Change "At" and hit SET or skip by hitting SET to go to "t"
  • Change "t" and hit SET or skip by hitting SET to leave the 166 settings

To set time and cooking temp simply:
  1. hit the SET button to go to step "C-1" (step 1 duration) and change to an insanely large value to stay on that step forever/that many minutes, and hit SET to move to "t-1" (step 1 temp)
  2. Enter your set Temp for this step (step 1) and hit SET to move to step 2 (C2)
  3. Now for every consecutive step (C2-C6) enter a duration value of 0 and hit SET to go to the time for that step (t2-t6) - this means the step will not execute
  4. Now change the temp (t2-t6) to 0 temp and hit SET
  5. repeat steps 3-4 to Zero out C2-C6 to 0 min and t2-t6 to 0 time
From this point on you only ever have to skip to step 2 and adjust your set temp for your smoker to simply just have a 1 step smoke at that set temp forever (well for the C1 duration which should be set to an insanely high number like 4320 = 3 days).

Let me know if this makes sense.
I can do the "get drunk" part, not so sure of the "on my head" part....it's usually on my a**. Thanks for this summary. I will perform the surgery on my MES30 today and then try this out...hoping for the best and know that when i can finally figure it out, i'll be a much happier smoker for it.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Fantastic I finally qualify for something. On second thought maybe I'm overqualified.

Chris
Hahaha I hear that! I could have qualified enough for 10 men's lifetimes. So much so that I'm allergic to all alcohol now (yep alcohol not gluten, grains, fermentation, etc. etc. I checked em all lol).
I can do the "get drunk" part, not so sure of the "on my head" part....it's usually on my a**. Thanks for this summary. I will perform the surgery on my MES30 today and then try this out...hoping for the best and know that when i can finally figure it out, i'll be a much happier smoker for it.
Hahahaha. Well I think you will get it all sorted out and be well on your way to smoking some amazing food! :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky