At An Impasse: Looking At High-End Kitchen Knives

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am a meat cutter, and have always used meat cutting knives. I have a Victorinox 12" Cimeter, plus 6" Victorinox curved flexible boning knives and Dexter 6" straight rigid boning knives. I also purchased a 10" brisket slicing knife too.

Pops...this isn't about knives. It's about you. Welcome back sir!! So glad to see the recovery and that you're back in the saddle. Even a day here without you is a lost day :emoji_wink: Cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to see you back so quickly. God must have a plan for you, and I can't help but think that part of that plan is continuing to mentor folks like me in this forum!!

All smiles!!
Robert

Thanks so much for all the input and guidance on this. Looky at what I got today
048.jpg

049.jpg

As you can see, there are three extra slots in the block. That just isn't going to work so I went shopping to see about filling the voids. Here's what's in transit now:

I still have one slot to fill though but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Our friend John ( Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ ) was right. These things are scary sharp!! That's ok though as I like my knives razor sharp.

Woo hoo!!
Robert

Bread knife!

The set came with a bread knife. It's kinda in the middle of the picture...right at the point of the scissors. For as little as we need to cut bread, I doubt I'll wear that one out any time soon and need a second one :emoji_wink:

Thanks for the thought though,
Robert

Reactions: JC in GB
Thanks so much for all the input and guidance on this. Looky at what I got today
View attachment 429831
View attachment 429832

As you can see, there are three extra slots in the block. That just isn't going to work so I went shopping to see about filling the voids. Here's what's in transit now:

I still have one slot to fill though but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Our friend John ( Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ ) was right. These things are scary sharp!! That's ok though as I like my knives razor sharp.

Woo hoo!!
Robert
My sentiments exactly, about the 3 empty slots....now you know why I bought 3 additional to fill them.

Sorry Amazon links do not stay long so I can't see what knives you ordered...

John

Robert and John according to my wife ya'll are a bad influence lol I just ordered a set of knives.

If that's considered "being bad", I don't mind a bit being a bad boy. Just reassure your wife how much better a job you can do cooking for her now and everything will be fine :emoji_wink:

That's what I do,
Robert

Hey Robert, the one knife I see missing is a filet knife.

I saw that but really didn't think I'd have a use for it but after re-thinking it I may be wrong. I bet that knife would be perfect for trimming briskets or pork loins for Canadian Bacon. I may have to order that once the smoke clears from melting the credit card again. We just got the bill for the two 103 sub primal rib sections that were delivered last week. That one left Tracy reeling a little bit :emoji_astonished:

Thank you!!
Robert

those look sweet man! if i need some - i would likely have a set on the way. Enjoy!

Congrats on your knife purchases, Robert!

Be careful with those things and try not to cut your fingers off, we need them so you could type up your excellent recipes on SMF.

I think a filet/flexible boning knife is sorely needed in my arsenal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky