Asian-style babybacks w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatball

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 6, 2009
Gainesville, FL
Hey y'all...Forgive in advance if my pics are too large, I'm still learning ins-and-outs of the new platform. But, it looked OK in test area and my computer is loading them fine, so hopefully it's cool. 

Anyway, got a bargain on some babybacks and decided to try them Asian style for a change. I made a rub - 

3 tbsp. Chinese five spice

1 tbsp. brown sugar

1 tbsp. kosher salt

1 tsp. cayenne

1 or 2 tsp. of garlic powder

b40f0999_DSC_0147.jpg

I threw them in the smoker over apple for the 2-2-1 at 225*... Meantime, I made the BBQ sauce. First you have to melt down 1/3 cup of sugar...

027ca848_DSC_0151.jpg

Then you add 6 tbsp. Hoisin, 2 tbsp. rice vinegar, 1 tbsp. each of fish sauce, soy sauce and honey, 4 garlic cloves, some fresh ginger (didn't measure it), 1/8 tsp. Chinese five spice...

46a862d2_DSC_0152.jpg

Well, here they are sauced and ready for eating. The wife wokked up some fried rice and I also grilled some chicken satay to round out the meal...everything was great. I wanted to get a pick of the ribs after I cut 'em apart, but I had some finger lickin' to do...

187b3322_DSC_0160.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Reactions: chisoxjim
rally nice,   some asian style ribs are a nice twist one in a while, and you knocked your batch out of the park.

nice sides as well. 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Everything looks wonderful. I really need to learn how to make fried rice. Its one of my favorite chinese foods!!!!
It's not hard, especially if you have a wok. My wife makes the rice in the morning and just lets it sit in the fridge all day. Then throw it in the wok with some sesame oil or sometimes peanut oil, some soy sauce, some veggies and we like an egg or two. It cooks pretty fast. 

It's not hard, especially if you have a wok. My wife makes the rice in the morning and just lets it sit in the fridge all day. Then throw it in the wok with some sesame oil or sometimes peanut oil, some soy sauce, some veggies and we like an egg or two. It cooks pretty fast. 
Good lookin' meal! Especially those ribs.  I do my rice the same way you wife does but I also add a touch of oyster sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky