Asian / Cajun (Casian) spare ribs with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oneshot

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2009
West of Chicago
Ok, goin for what I think is a new twist here, a combination of asian sweet and cajun spicy spare ribs. Being this is a new recipe I won't be posting it until I have it down right. There may be to many changes to keep track of here. I will tell you I'm using pecan wood and spritzing/moping with straight pineapple juice.

Here's the pics.
This is after the first rub and being refridgerated over nite and in the smoker.

This is also at the beginning smoke when I applied the second part of the rub.

This is after 1 1/2 hours into the smoke and spritzed with pineapple juice.

This is at the 3 hour point. The meat has pulled back from the bone about 1/4 inch. Time to foil.

Spritzing with pineapple juice, foiling and back into the smoker.

So far, so good. I will post the final results later when they're finished.
I love this teasing part.....
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Nice start, oneshot!

I am curious about the combination of ingredients...I have a few ideas what some may be...better keep my keyboard quite! LOL!!!!!! I guess I can to wait 'til you have it all worked out...my to-do list grows almost everyday!

Eric

Looking good brother. You're keeping that smoker busy these days. I'm jealous. This flooring project from hell is eating up every spare minute I have. But gettin closer.

Don't be jealous. I was actually in hell !!!!!! And I have burnt fingers to prove it. Had a smoker fire. Yep, pretty yellow billowing smoke and a fire in the smoker. Totally my fault for doing another smoke with out cleaning the fire pot. To much built up which caused the burning pellets to overflow the pot. I managed to pull out the ribs which are wrapped in triple foil so they should be ok. I hope. But in taking care of the problem I only grabbed a pair of leather gloves (thin) which were close by and ended up grabbing hot steel that burnt my fingers through the gloves. Lesson learned and got things back going again. Hopefully just lost some time and the ribs will be ok. If not, I suppose I could always have smoked fingers for dinner!!!
icon_redface.gif

After clouds of yellow smoke, a fire in the smoker and burning my fingers, I managed to pull everything back together for the best ribs I've ever had.
I was lucky that this all happened while the ribs were triple foiled or they no doubt would have been garbage....

These were fallin off the bone delicious and completely saturated with flavor and pecan wood smoke. Tell me what ya really think!!!

Finished on the smoker and in the pan. No sauce. I was looking for a rib with all it's own flavor.

The smoke ring was right down to the bone. And they were so tender the bones were just falling out of the meat.

These were so good and tender I just ate them out of the pan without anything else. You can see the bones to the back of the pic, the meat is just sitting there waiting for me to devour it.

One down and one to go....mmmmmmmmmm

Nothing more to say....Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed the qview as much as I did eatin these...
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Keep up the good work, thanks for sharing.

Those ribs look delicious. What kind of changes are you thinking of making on this "secret" rub?

Any chance you'll turn those burnt fingers into some sort of appetizer? They'd be great with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

I just got in and trying to catch up here...

Nice Ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep that smoker happy, 'cause the two of you make a great team!!!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky